Sign in to follow this  
GruffaloGriff

Unique Carved Lurcher Antler Opinel No 12

28 craftsmen couldn't mount an opinel in antler.

It was a question rather than a statement.

To clarify i estimate / project manage for a building contractor. Their skilled labor-joiners, masons, decorators etc etc are reffed to as "craftsmen" for charge out rates.

Griff

I understand you now pal :thumbs:

lovely work griff!!! that looks really well mate. bit steep for me because ill either never use it for fear of losing it or ill lose it first time out lol but that is a cracker! well done mate sure it wont be around to long.

atb ant

same here :yes: , i never take the thing out lol, ive got good buck folding knife 4 3/4 in blade , great knife about £ 80 quid now :thumbs:

what do you carve them with griff? a dremmel type thing or one of them proper carving machine things? (been thinking of getting one of them for while lol)

Yes that type of thing, think it is called a "rotozip" i use for roughing it out and a smaller no name 12v engraver for the detail. Use carbide burs in both. A small sharp wood chisel for fine detail.

Griff

Stunning workmanship. It's a funny old world: people will happily pay £200 for a special night out, yet crib at paying a master craftsman for the hours he has spent creating a unique and beautiful ... and useful ... item.

• Like 3

Stunning workmanship. It's a funny old world: people will happily pay £200 for a special night out, yet crib at paying a master craftsman for the hours he has spent creating a unique and beautiful ... and useful ... item.

Thank you skycat....good to see someone can see the real picture. It will last a lot longer than a fill of food & drink too. ;)

quality.i'd rather pay more if you put a better blade with it but i got all the knives i need and some more i don't.good though.

Tell you what mate. you make a small stainless blade non locking folder with an interesting handle for £100 or so and I`ll buy the first one. No questions or haggles, I`ll take it just to get the ball rolling. Hows that for a deal ? you provide and I``ll pay.

You have the talent and I`ll have the cash.

Opinel do stainless blades. Do you class them as non lockers?

Griff

opinals are classed as locking knives griff the blade locks in the open position .

Looks shit tbh funny looking greyhound lol

Just got some nice anter Griff. A gift. Red and one will be on here before long. The other is going to my friend Tony Glover the cue maker who will use it to make ferrules . I'm looking for someone to gift it to and I reckon it could be you. Jok.

• Like 1

I would have paid up to £160 .........

For you i would do160 for the knife 25 for the sheath and 5 postage..... £190 to your door.

Regards

Griff

• Like 1

For you i would do160 for the knife 25 for the sheath and 5 postage..... £190 to your door.

Regards

Griff

think your pissing in the wind griff

Regards

Griff

:laugh: ...........don't know rio they say no publicity is bad publicity! ;)

Regards

Griff

What's that supposed to mean ???

what do you think socks? griff done a one of a kind knife for you, maybe priced a bit to high, but know one can say some workmanship has gone into it, hes after droping the price cause hes a gentalman to a reasonble price. Now Whats That Supposed Mean? ill tell ye, Youre A STINGE B&STARD Socks, thats a nice carvin if i was griff id be done with the likes of you.... that want quality and to pay fook all

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this