Mole Trappers

Yes defo, we will all trap differently. What is it you disagree with btw? curious

Yes defo, we will all trap differently. What is it you disagree with btw? curious

Me & my big mouth !,..... :laugh: ,.....well, i dont choose between, "five different types" of mole trap, for different soil types ?,....i make do, with the 'half-barrels',....unless, on a very rare occasion, i cant get one in !,.....i will use a 'trapline' or two ? (i am certainly not saying, anyones 'method', is wrong ,....its just what suits, the individual ?),.....& i 'probably' wouldnt have set, "five traps", for what i thought, were "one or two", moles ?,....but , thats just me ,......
Any pics of you mole traps set?...just curious

What , 'half - barrels', set, in the mole runs ?,...(not much too see, trap set in a run , at various depths, covered in a layer of soil, ?,......in my case.)

I tend to put two in per set to catch them .I am leaning to the talplex more now as i can do without the fillers :whistling: I dont know what is with the barrel traps they just love to fill mine :icon_redface: even thoe i think im doing every thing fine .

I tend to put two in per set to catch them .I am leaning to the talplex more now as i can do without the fillers :whistling: I dont know what is with the barrel traps they just love to fill mine :icon_redface: even thoe i think im doing every thing fine .

To be honest,.. you cant avoid a 'bunged' duffus, completely ?,.....(well, i cant anyway,..lol), you just have too try & minimise it, as much as possible ?

• Like 1

I watched a video and on that the gentleman put a lot of emphasis on stabilizing the duffus trap in the run by packing either side of the barrel with siol and ensuring there was no lateral movement on the trap.

Since taking on board this advice i have had very blocked traps and the catch rate has improved.

I always use duffus apart from one job where the land was very wet and i could not catch.

Swapped traps for talpex and cleared the job in no time. You live and learn.

Just been walking today around Semerwater in Wenslydale whoever traps there is good there is jibbits with moles everywhere.

I am surprised they are left so visible.

I only ever use barrels really....I get very few bunged traps unless there is a reason...Like really dry soil or mossy ground. I carry the odd talpex in case I do get a clever one.

I really am not having good results with the putanges but Iv only just started trying em and the farm I'm doing has really deep runs and I don't think it suits them