Nite Sight Eagle

I used the nitesite wolf on my rim fires good in (ideal) conditions up to 300 mtrs had rabbits up 150 and the odd fox a little closer, still got this unit but since moved to thermal I found charly getting spooked at around 150 mtrs with the dull red glow the ir gives out,still a good bit of kit to have thought.One thing to rememember is that if you need glasses to use a pc or read you will need them as well to see the units monitor clearly something I didnt realise untill i'd purchased one of these units.

Massively, massively over priced for the performance they give.

You can self build a very tidy unit that will get you out to 400 yards (or further behind a good nv receptive scope) for about £200/£220 with enough battery life to last well beyond any normal night hunting.

I wouldn't even begin contemplating buying a niteshite unit for what they cost. On a £ per yard ratio a self build will probably work out 4 to 5 times more cost effective.

Edited by Jax13

You can self build a very tidy unit that will get you out to 400 yards (or further behind a good nv receptive scope) for about £200/£220 with enough battery life to last well beyond any normal night hunting.

I wouldn't even begin contemplating buying a niteshite unit for what they cost. On a £ per yard ratio a self build will probably work out 4 to 5 times more cost effective.

Agree I would never buy one of those when you can do better and cheaper, a screen build can be done for under £100 for the parts and get 300 yards no problem.

Agree I would never buy one of those when you can do better and cheaper, a screen build can be done for under £100 for the parts and get 300 yards no problem.

I've got a sub 50 quid build on the diy section of nightvisionforumuk.com (excluding illuminator and batteries). And that is good for 200 yards with an as pull t20.

Bigger ir, a better camera, bigger stock mount battery pack instead of on board 18650's and it becomes a £200 build that will go over 400 yards.

I've got a sub 50 quid build on the diy section of nightvisionforumuk.com (excluding illuminator and batteries). And that is good for 200 yards with an as pull t20.

Bigger ir, a better camera, bigger stock mount battery pack instead of on board 18650's and it becomes a £200 build that will go over 400 yards.

Ah was that your build, looked just the job, was tempted to use that in a spotter build and definitely will if I get a air rifle for ratting or a .22.

I went for the Sony 700, 5" screen and a battery pack and used the T67 I already had, farthest I know I've spotted was 315 yards but I no range finder of my own so only know the 315 as a mate had his with him when he looked at how good it was.

Totally agree. :thumbs: