Not quite sure how that works, hardwood cuttings, done between Autumn and Spring-remove large leaves and shoots, my hardwoods don't have leaves or shoots between Autumn and Spring.

I have a large hazel tree in my garden, so have been following this with interest as would love to plant some more around the farm from it if possible.

Taking it a step further then. I, for years and years, have used willow for both runner bean and pea sticks in my garden. Each year they bud and leaf even forming roots. I then take them out after harvest, bundle them up and put them away for next year. Last year I was gifted 2 bundles of ash and hazel. They dried out within 4/5 weeks . No chance whatsoever of regrowth. Now maybe young shoots, given a growth hormone might propagate but adult branches, in my opinion. Will not. Jok.

bend the hazel over to the ground nick it with a knife and peg to ground job done//

another trick cut some hazel whips split an inch or so at the bottom put a little stone in the split and replant

• Like 1

bend the hazel over to the ground nick it with a knife and peg to ground job done//

another trick cut some hazel whips split an inch or so at the bottom put a little stone in the split and replant

Really, and this will regenerate ?

its what they used to do years ago im not sure if it works every time but it does work

• Like 1

its what they used to do years ago im not sure if it works every time but it does work

Never to old to learn, I had never heard that before. I will give it a try and see what happens as I have access to plenty.

• Like 1