21 replies to this topic

#16 David

David

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 03:04 pm

I'd go for 22 WMR ive used one a few times for lamping rabbits and hare's and seen a few fox's shot with it up to 100 yards brilliant round :thumbs:

Edited by David, 21 February 2009 - 03:05 pm.

#17 lightforce

lightforce

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 05:29 pm

I'd go for 22 WMR ive used one a few times for lamping rabbits and hare's and seen a few fox's shot with it up to 100 yards brilliant round http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...

You lamp hares???!!!

#18 jamie g

jamie g

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 05:48 pm

if i wanted one rifle to shoot fox and rabbit and not keep the rabbits then i would have a 204. but i like the rabbits for the table to 17 hmr or 22lr is the one to have. all centrefires are to much for rabbits i think if you plan to eat them. if not and its just vermin control to keep numbers down then 204 is ideal

#19 cyclonebri1

cyclonebri1

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:31 pm

if i wanted one rifle to shoot fox and rabbit and not keep the rabbits then i would have a 204. but i like the rabbits for the table to 17 hmr or 22lr is the one to have. all centrefires are to much for rabbits i think if you plan to eat them. if not and its just vermin control to keep numbers down then 204 is ideal

Methinks .204 is one to try :clapper: But in addition to .22

Edited by cyclonebri1, 21 February 2009 - 07:32 pm.

#20 lamperman

lamperman

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:47 pm

get a sako quad and you will have both .22 and 17 hmr in one gun :thumbs:

#21 cyclonebri1

cyclonebri1

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:15 pm

Nice idea, and very good in either calibre, but if you you need 2 sizes get 2 guns. Few folks can be arsed setting up the same gun every other time out :o ;)

#22 Deker

Deker

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,501 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:50 pm

I'd go for 22 WMR ive used one a few times for lamping rabbits and hare's and seen a few fox's shot with it up to 100 yards brilliant round http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...

The original question will never be resolved due to different firearms regions, personal preferences and land topography!!! :hmm:

....but glab to see another fan of the .22WMR...too many people have forgotten this thinking HMR is the new messiah...but CCI released an additional .22WMR round last year... They make more .22WMR than HMR and the .22WMR is VERY popular in the US!

Also seems to be trying hard to make a comeback in the UK....for those with no experience think about it, don't just leap at a HMR!!! :thumbs:

Crusade over...for the time being!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users