Rifle for Rabbit & Fox

if i wanted one rifle to shoot fox and rabbit and not keep the rabbits then i would have a 204. but i like the rabbits for the table to 17 hmr or 22lr is the one to have. all centrefires are to much for rabbits i think if you plan to eat them. if not and its just vermin control to keep numbers down then 204 is ideal

if i wanted one rifle to shoot fox and rabbit and not keep the rabbits then i would have a 204. but i like the rabbits for the table to 17 hmr or 22lr is the one to have. all centrefires are to much for rabbits i think if you plan to eat them. if not and its just vermin control to keep numbers down then 204 is ideal

Methinks .204 is one to try :clapper: But in addition to .22

Edited by cyclonebri1
I'd go for 22 WMR ive used one a few times for lamping rabbits and hare's and seen a few fox's shot with it up to 100 yards brilliant round :thumbs:

The original question will never be resolved due to different firearms regions, personal preferences and land topography!!! :hmm:

....but glab to see another fan of the .22WMR...too many people have forgotten this thinking HMR is the new messiah...but CCI released an additional .22WMR round last year... They make more .22WMR than HMR and the .22WMR is VERY popular in the US!

Also seems to be trying hard to make a comeback in the UK....for those with no experience think about it, don't just leap at a HMR!!! :thumbs:

Crusade over...for the time being!!!