Fox Bite On Dog ...any Suggestions...

Beast I wouldn't be using antibiotic every time me dog got a nip or cut. Some things best ain't said on here but for bites hydro peroxide 6% well diluted for the first flush the rest with warm salty water keep a close eye on it any sign of infection then get the ABs out. its hard to get but dry cow is some of the best stuff I've ever used for this sort of thing. You see a lot of people just chucking cut n heal or purple spray on a cut without cleaning it this is asking for trouble in my honest opinion.

Obviously if your out of your depth or dog is suffering a vet needs called that goes without saying.

All the best with the dog nans pat

good post CGreen. you are right, i didnt mean to use ABs for every little wound, but for a fox bite which isnt open (that is a puncture) i use ABs every time. punctures are bad anyway as the bacteria injected into the wound dont get dried out by the air like with a slash wound

• Like 1

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Flush it with a saline solution and a 10ml syringe twice a day for a couple of days then smear it with Manuka honey keep the lamp shade on and 7 days antibiotics the vet has prescribed.

Good luck with the wound. Took it's time but got there in the end.    

That looks like a bad bacterial infection. Sometimes even the smallest of wounds can lead to cellulitis, which affects the skin and subcutaneous tissue. I got it once after being stung by a wasp. Whol

Posted Images

Beast I wouldn't be using antibiotic every time me dog got a nip or cut. Some things best ain't said on here but for bites hydro peroxide 6% well diluted for the first flush the rest with warm salty water keep a close eye on it any sign of infection then get the ABs out. its hard to get but dry cow is some of the best stuff I've ever used for this sort of thing. You see a lot of people just chucking cut n heal or purple spray on a cut without cleaning it this is asking for trouble in my honest opinion.

Obviously if your out of your depth or dog is suffering a vet needs called that goes without saying.

All the best with the dog nans pat

cheers,theres a farm shop up the road might have that dry cow gear..wat way does that work.

Couldn't honestly tell you how it works but I've put a few onto it and they've all said its done the job. Comes in a little syringe squirt it straight in after cleaning wound should look brand new next day.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Only one way a small wound gets that bad. Poor dog.

yea..fxxkin foxs

most fox bites , will norm heal warm salt water + T C P , the worst i had to deal with the dog, was from a fookin feral cat , bit the dog on the leg, next day it came up like balloon . got the dog down the vet right away , got it on a drip and lanced the leg. vet said if i had left it another 8 hours , the dog could of lost the leg from infection it was going gangrene , i always try to keep the dog of cats after that . :yes:

• Like 3

Personally I wouldn't put wound powder on raw flesh. Healing flesh needs to stay moist to heal: bit like earth needs to be damp to grow stuff. In this dog's case she is trying to grow new skin to cover the wound. Good slather of honey or any topical antiseptic ointment to keep it moist and keep out bacteria.

• Like 3

Personally I wouldn't put wound powder on raw flesh. Healing flesh needs to stay moist to heal: bit like earth needs to be damp to grow stuff. In this dog's case she is trying to grow new skin to cover the wound. Good slather of honey or any topical antiseptic ointment to keep it moist and keep out bacteria.

what ointments had you in mind..would germolene or something like that do.

Was it gerry you had her with np, he always recommends the sea water...never done anything but good for my dogs

aye gerry jegged her up a few times,touch n go he reckoned ....bouncing now thank fcuk.

He's good at what he does...my Irish terrier bitch broke her hock and he pinned it up, she is flying since

• Like 2

Was it gerry you had her with np, he always recommends the sea water...never done anything but good for my dogs

aye gerry jegged her up a few times,touch n go he reckoned ....bouncing now thank fcuk.

He's good at what he does...my Irish terrier bitch broke her hock and he pinned it up, she is flying since

yea he knows the craic.hes at the greyhounds a long time.least he talks our talk,not like them new vets first thing outta their mouths,have you insurance..goldfish they should be treating,ffs.

• Like 2

Thought for a moment this was going the route of a terrier i had .Soil born tb with a bill of a grand ,skin graft and all .Hope dog heals fully .My own choice for a barrier would be suda cream twice a day .Lot of time for that stuff .