Strange Things Happen

Now the season is over (for me anyway) a few strange things occured during the season as it usually does for terrier or lurcher men. I was wondering if anything out of the ordinary happened to others too this season. Heres one, walking two terriers up the forestry one young and old, I usually let my 5 month old pup run free, this time she was gone for longer than usual I then spotted a ram staring at me in the wood it then trotted off then I noticed my pup hanging off its tail (theres never any sheep in the forest usually) it jumped the ditch onto the track the pup broke free as I was running to get it, luckily I got her and thought, as the ram trotted up the track, that could have been a long and arduos treck up through the forest, when the ram stopped about 30 yrds away turned and charged at me head down, with the two terriers straining and pulling at the ram, I prepared myself for impact, in short we were all rolling around, eventually after some lost sweat and wool we both went our separate ways, this is just one of a few!!!

• Like 6

Now the season is over (for me anyway) a few strange things occured during the season as it usually does for terrier or lurcher men. I was wondering if anything out of the ordinary happened to others too this season. Heres one, walking two terriers up the forestry one young and old, I usually let my 5 month old pup run free, this time she was gone for longer than usual I then spotted a ram staring at me in the wood it then trotted off then I noticed my pup hanging off its tail (theres never any sheep in the forest usually) it jumped the ditch onto the track the pup broke free as I was running to get it, luckily I got her and thought, as the ram trotted up the track, that could have been a long and arduos treck up through the forest, when the ram stopped about 30 yrds away turned and charged at me head down, with the two terriers straining and pulling at the ram, I prepared myself for impact, in short we were all rolling around, eventually after some lost sweat and wool we both went our separate ways, this is just one of a few!!!

The Ram reminds me of a time a mate and I were out shooting.

In a field we came across a large hole ,around 6 foot across, and we couldn't see the bottom.

I threw a stone in but there was no sound.

My mate thought we needed something bigger and he found a concrete cavity block and threw that in.

As we were listening for a splash or some sound a great big bloody Ram charged at us from out of no where.

It just missed us and fell down the hole.

We couldn't believe it.

We carried on shooting and after a while met the farmer.

He asked us had we seen his Ram. We looked at each other and asked where had he seen it last ?

He said "Up in that field with the well in it, I had the Ram on a rope tied to a block."

:thumbs:

• Like 8

The Ram reminds me of a time a mate and I were out shooting.

In a field we came across a large hole ,around 6 foot across, and we couldn't see the bottom.

I threw a stone in but there was no sound.

My mate thought we needed something bigger and he found a concrete cavity block and threw that in.

As we were listening for a splash or some sound a great big bloody Ram charged at us from out of no where.

It just missed us and fell down the hole.

We couldn't believe it.

We carried on shooting and after a while met the farmer.

He asked us had we seen his Ram. We looked at each other and asked where had he seen it last ?

He said "Up in that field with the well in it, I had the Ram on a rope tied to a block."??? I needed a good laugh neil that's just done it pity the block hadn't been tied around some terriermens neck from that side of the country would of been more hilarious.

:thumbs: