Hare Coursing In The Desert Southwest (Usa)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The hares were lightweight and quite leggy not as Quick as the UK brown hares but tough and up for a run . they could go all day born at altitude and had wind to spare.Game seems sparse but I think it

The Taiga a Mongolian dual purpose guard hunting dog seen them crossed with Saluki hard as nails will tackle anything bit heavy for quick stuff but game as they come usually from accidental matings ,P

This one is for all of the folks in the UK that have seen a fair amount of hare coursing and were wondering how some of the dogs here in the USA compare with the UK stock. I don't know enough to make

Posted Images

Keep that lead dog and cull the other two .......

That doesn't mean they would run that way single handed.
Do you think those dogs were working as a pack ??? .....
I know dogs don't always run to the best of their ability when doubled up or ran with more dogs.
If my dogs didn't run to their best of their ability because there was competition then they wouldn't be in my yard long ... I would expect my dogs to be working twice as hard if there was another dog competing for game .......
Shit me you are one morbid fecker, never met anyone so serious Edited by CraignTod

The pure Saluki is not the answer, come up to Scotland, the Hare will wave good bye to them all day long FACT, not FICTION,

all come run one of mine in Scotland no chew, done it plenty times before, hares a hare

would love to run them hares on that terrain for sure, makes the fens look small,

Edited by arcticgun
  • Like 2

I know dogs don't always run to the best of their ability when doubled up or ran with more dogs.
If my dogs didn't run to their best of their ability because there was competition then they wouldn't be in my yard long ... I would expect my dogs to be working twice as hard if there was another dog competing for game .......
Shit me you are one morbid fecker, never met anyone so serious

You've obviously led a sheltered life then angel pie .......

• Like 1

Shit me you are one morbid fecker, never met anyone so serious
You've obviously led a sheltered life then angel pie .......

That's it! Feels good don't it twinkle toes

• 2 weeks later...

Does it REALLY matter if a overseas dog in some part of the world could or couldnt catch one of these Jackrabbits ,99.9% arent going to get the chance,its all sport and its very hard to tell from a video,if a brown hare can run as fast or as far as a jackrabbit ,who the hell cares ,I just enjoyed the watch without judging.

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...

The pure Saluki is not the answer, come up to Scotland, the Hare will wave good bye to them all day long FACT, not FICTION,

all come run one of mine in Scotland no chew, done it plenty times before, hares a hare

would love to run them hares on that terrain for sure, makes the fens look small,

you don't no what your talking about the great Scottish hare is no joke seen many a dog fall to them you need a bull x seen some stand there and kick a dog to death
  • Haha 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...