Spring Er Time Approaching

Right chaps time for some input here. A couple of you know that I am toying with selling my wonderful but heavy TX200HC Mk3 .177 in favour of a break barrel.

Now the TX is a tack driver since Charlie Caller worked his magic unless your name is Pianoman in which case it was a tack driver in his hands before tuning BUT as a pensioner (It does sound weird saying that) I want a lighter springer without the loss of accuracy. The other advantage would be pellet loading in the dark being better with a BB springer.

It is about 52 years since I bought a BB springer, BSA Meteor, so not in touch with what we would regard being a cracking gun in this day and age.

I am completely open to suggestion for this gun so if you guys would like to throw some name / models into the frame and why, I would be very grateful.

Thanking you in advance.

Phil

• Like 2

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you for the compliments Phil. That TX200HC of yours is a truly beautiful rifle. I loved shooting with it but, alas, it's a right hander.   Whoever buys it, if not already sold, will own a tr

Cz slavia 634 mate.

You`ll really "regret" that TX sale Phil - a short stroked TX off the Primos matches all pcp`s, if not betters some, if you do your bit.

Posted Images

Still on the lookout for a springer myself. Been seriously considering a HW98. I know they aint light, but still very manageable. Would they be lighter than a TX200?

TX is around the 9lbs mark, both walnut and beech, 98's 8.2'ish. Feel loads more front heavy though, obviously.

The TX is 4.0k

Hw95 is 3.4k

Hw98 is 3.8k

Hw85 is 3.4k

Hw50 is 3.1k

Hw35 is 3.8k

Hw57 is only 3.2k for an underlever making it very light but don't know if it is a bugger to load.

The BSA Lightning.......................can these be in the same league as AA and Weihrauch and is a tuning kit even available. I will look on BBS.

Still pondering

Phil

• Like 1

The TX is 4.0k

Hw95 is 3.4k

Hw98 is 3.8k

Hw85 is 3.4k

Hw50 is 3.1k

Hw35 is 3.8k

Hw57 is only 3.2k for an underlever making it very light but don't know if it is a bugger to load.

The BSA Lightning.......................can these be in the same league as AA and Weihrauch and is a tuning kit even available. I will look on BBS.

Still pondering

Phil

think these shops need to use the same scales, bar weights are way different to the ones you've pulled up phil

atb si

If your willing to give it a little polish and lube anyway.....you know what I'm about to say Phil......chuck a tonne at a hatty 900. I can't speak for .177 flavour but .22 I can't grumble at all.

I don't know the weight but it's not heavy at all.??

• Like 2

I got them from here Si :- https://www.weihrauch-sport.de/air-rifles?lang=en

I tend to take very little notice of BAR.................................FX Impact.................................tosh.

Phil

yeah i can understand the fx thing phil... it won't put me off getting a streamline but i know robs had a fair few issues with the impacts, not to say there all like that!

he maybe got a bad batch.

I've just put the 95 on my fishing scales and it's .3kg heavier than the stated weihrauch weight and thats with my heavy mod removed and deducted scope weight!!

i think us lads should form a real stats log cos you cant believe what you read

atb si

• Like 1