can any one tell me how my canon 400d takes piss poor pics on sports mode in poor light conditions IE fog?help pleas

whats it doing? or not doing? can you show an example of what its doing? i'm assuming its blurry... i dont have a canon, but mine has a mood swing everynow and then. but this camera has been through hell and back..... though it still manages a good one every now and then - usually sport is the best setting on mine unless i have something stable to put the camera on and use the timer...

this was taken with the timer using the night mode with the flash turned off... with the camera propped up on the roof of my car.. any other way and it would come out looking like a Picasso painting..

Sunset_Over_Hills_by_IceniFaoiltiarna.jpg

:o

can any one tell me how my canon 400d takes piss poor pics on sports mode in poor light conditions IE fog?help pleas

whats it doing? or not doing? can you show an example of what its doing? i'm assuming its blurry... i dont have a canon, but mine has a mood swing everynow and then. but this camera has been through hell and back..... though it still manages a good one every now and then - usually sport is the best setting on mine unless i have something stable to put the camera on and use the timer...

this was taken with the timer using the night mode with the flash turned off... with the camera propped up on the roof of my car.. any other way and it would come out looking like a Picasso painting..

Sunset_Over_Hills_by_IceniFaoiltiarna.jpg

as i said piss poor help

the properties of your pics doesnt say a deal..........

i would set yer iso high in those conditions and up the shutter speed, mess with light settings etc......

perhaps on your next outing, experiment prior to shooting.

for info on your shots afterwards,, open the image, right click on it, select properties,, it it will give you information on settings.

then take notes on where you went wrong.

Edited by donky7
the properties of your pics doesnt say a deal..........

i would set yer iso high in those conditions and up the shutter speed, mess with light settings etc......

perhaps on your next outing, experiment prior to shooting.

for info on your shots afterwards,, open the image, right click on it, select properties,, it it will give you information on settings.

then take notes on where you went wrong.

thats the best info there.. to be honest.. some of those shots take an abnormally steady hand even with the best cameras can be difficult! with my camera i can get pics of my dogs running and some are great while some are smeared all the way around. no matter the settings, weather, or light conditions.. just luck of the draw sometimes.

anyway i found this too .. which pretty much says about the same thing Donky said.. stil here it isShooting the Dog

honestly those pictures arent all that bad considering your subject. the fog isnt helping much at all for sure.. but i've seen worse!

with pheasant you might tweak the exposure a bit.. Digital Camera Tutorial: Exposure & Metering

in fact.. yes.. tweak the exposure... messing around with mine now i just learned something new... :doh:

if your shooting in the fog then a polarize filter will be a big help i think.

Shutter speed has to be at least half the focal lenght your shooting at if you want your shots to be in focus without a tripod. So if your at the full 300mm of your lense you need a shutter speed of at least 150/sec right. But still you should have a tripod or a monopod for the telephoto lense or else you will have to do a lot of work in photoshop to get a decent result. So crank the iso up to get a faster shutter speed and get a polarizing filter and monopod.

Edited by kvnmcwebn

thanks for the replies lad i have just spent the morning reading through the handbook .on the sports mode you can't change the settings about.so i am going to try changing to tv mode and turn the iso up and put it on continuous shooting will let you know how i get on :drink:

thanks for the replies lad i have just spent the morning reading through the handbook .on the sports mode you can't change the settings about.so i am going to try changing to tv mode and turn the iso up and put it on continuous shooting will let you know how i get on :drink:

stick it on av mode ! THEN UP THE EXPOSURE /iso but in low light conditions [the type of photo your taking all cameras will struggle]

stick it on av mode ! THEN UP THE EXPOSURE /iso but in low light conditions [the type of photo your taking all cameras will struggle]

good site on the net is [p. o. t. n] = photogrophy on the net. google it, pages of info on canon 400d/xti hope this helps. cheers byron