Wild Polecat Shropshire.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm doing a study for the government on crash barriers.....it's top secret....can you send me all the footage you have of the bird having a piss please..

well tell them to stop it, I know of one area in Gloucestershire were they released 6 right outside a premier carp water containing fish over 50lb five of them were squashed on the road and number six

Be great if you could manage to put some pics or vids from your trail cams Greyman.

Seems they are making a strong comeback, I,ve just caught another one on one of my trail cams an absolutely massive hob, he,s a few miles from the other family I,ve been getting on another cam, funny thing is all the country folk in the local pub think I,m mad when I tell them and tell me not to be so stupid,

• Like 1

Seems they are making a strong comeback, I,ve just caught another one on one of my trail cams an absolutely massive hob, he,s a few miles from the other family I,ve been getting on another cam, funny thing is all the country folk in the local pub think I,m mad when I tell them and tell me not to be so stupid,

WELL SHOW US SOME THEN
  • Like 1

Can you post some of the footage . I wouldn't mind seeing it

• Like 1

I,m afraid I,m not very techie I view the SIM cards on an old lap top that's not connected to the Internet and I talk on here from my iPad, I will ask my daughter to help me get some across from one to the other I,ve been asked a few times so should get my head out my ass and embrace these new fanged devices but I,m a bit of an old fart when it comes to tech

• Like 1

I,m afraid I,m not very techie I view the SIM cards on an old lap top that's not connected to the Internet and I talk on here from my iPad, I will ask my daughter to help me get some across from one to the other I,ve been asked a few times so should get my head out my ass and embrace these new fanged devices but I,m a bit of an old fart when it comes to tech

Ok no problem . If you need a hand I'll help you if i can

• Like 1

thanks that's very decent of you, I need to get myself a bit more upto speed a bit anyway, so maybe now,s a good time I also have dozens of cracking pictures of other animals as well be nice to share a few, I,m just off now to do a sim and battery change on four cameras so should have some more later on today, I will warn you it's very addictive, I had one camera a couple of Christmas,s ago and now I have five out over several miles of very hilly terrain, it takes me about four hours walking to get round them all and costs a few quid in battery,s as they will eat cheap battery,s in days also need two SIM cards per camera so that's over a hundred quid, I have the cameras fixed in place with frame fixers once they are set right on a good game trail I then just swap the SIM card every week or two, it's just like hunting but without the messy bits

Get yourself up here as well Welsh. I ain't got a clue. Jok.

thanks that's very decent of you, I need to get myself a bit more upto speed a bit anyway, so maybe now,s a good time I also have dozens of cracking pictures of other animals as well be nice to share a few, I,m just off now to do a sim and battery change on four cameras so should have some more later on today, I will warn you it's very addictive, I had one camera a couple of Christmas,s ago and now I have five out over several miles of very hilly terrain, it takes me about four hours walking to get round them all and costs a few quid in battery,s as they will eat cheap battery,s in days also need two SIM cards per camera so that's over a hundred quid, I have the cameras fixed in place with frame fixers once they are set right on a good game trail I then just swap the SIM card every week or two, it's just like hunting but without the messy bits

Ill write something up for you this morning

sent you both a basics guide to pictures and videos if that helps

cheers I,ll have a good read and try to digest the info, i have just been out and swapped the sims over and I have another polecat so either someone is loosing a lot of polecat marked ferrets or I have found a wild family as that's the forth one in as many weeks, i,ve also just placed one in a new spot it's been out for two weeks and there are more roe on that one than i,ve ever caught on my other cams around thirty in two weeks including a couple of family groups of three does and a buck and on another cam I have two badgers fighting so I will make it my mission to get some uploaded to share thanks again

sent you both a basics guide to pictures and videos if that helps

cheers I,ll have a good read and try to digest the info, i have just been out and swapped the sims over and I have another polecat so either someone is loosing a lot of polecat marked ferrets or I have found a wild family as that's the forth one in as many weeks, i,ve also just placed one in a new spot it's been out for two weeks and there are more roe on that one than i,ve ever caught on my other cams around thirty in two weeks including a couple of family groups of three does and a buck and on another cam I have two badgers fighting so I will make it my mission to get some uploaded to share thanks again

You might get quite a few people viewing your footage on YouTube with that kind of thing

On another subject ,we have seen 5 otters lately ,different sightings whilst lamping .One came in nicely to a squeak ,the others ignored it .Plenty of wild polecats around Newbury near us .See them dead on the A4.Want one for a mount but all squashed by lorries .Red kites abundant too on road kill early morning .

• Like 1

On another subject ,we have seen 5 otters lately ,different sightings whilst lamping .One came in nicely to a squeak ,the others ignored it .Plenty of wild polecats around Newbury near us .See them dead on the A4.Want one for a mount but all squashed by lorries .Red kites abundant too on road kill early morning .

I used to fish for the carp on the canal down at hungerford but the otters have cleaned them out now, have found three squashed otters near me this year already, they seem to come in waves, most of them are reared and released by the tree huggers that seem to think all wildlife needs there help I know of several release sites were all the otters were killed withing months, I,ve even found three drowned ones in the Gloucester canal were they are unaware of the few places they can get out, the sad thing is there were always wild otters there just in smaller numbers,just like the water voles but now they have found them they have started putting fences up around there holes ffs