Hw100Kt Or Full Length Version?

Does anybody on here have shooting experience with the hw100kt and the hw100t full length version? Obviously you sacrifice shot count with the kt version, but what i am concerned about is do you sacrifice accuracy as well? I want the model that is most likely going to give me a solid platform for both target shooting (hft most likely) and hunting.

Does anybody on here have shooting experience with the hw100kt and the hw100t full length version? Obviously you sacrifice shot count with the kt version, but what i am concerned about is do you sacrifice accuracy as well? I want the model that is most likely going to give me a solid platform for both target shooting (hft most likely) and hunting.

I've shot the kt but not the full length version. I think it's down to each individual as to how they percieve the weight. You will get less shots shots with the k, but the added weight of the full length version.

Plenty of lads on here with 100's, that I'm sure will be able to answer you better, and more thoroughly lol.

Oh yeah, after shooting the HW100 KT, and realising it didn't really suit me, I shot, then bought the HW110 .177 cal. Best thing I did. Good luck matey :thumbs:

• Like 1

I've shot the short and owned the full length and to be honest there isn't anything in the accuracy.

You could start getting all paranoid about how long the pellet is in the barrel and how much spin you get on the pellet but it really isn't an issue over air rifle ranges pal. Just go with the most comfortable option for yourself?

• Like 4

Trigger, I shoot both the KT .177 and the KS .22 for hunting and some range work.

I have shot all formats of the HW 100 at my local range now and can assure you - full length or not, they are all equal in accuracy.( superb).

The reason I use the shorter, carbine rifles is that I do a lot of hide work and they are much easier to use in the confines of the hides.

I have never come close to running out of air hunting,- 56 shots at rabbits etc is " some permission" :icon_eek: .

My personal preference is the HW 100 KT .177 - here`s a late afternoon session, decoying, this last summer using the HW 100 KT .177 AA fields, 4.52, 8.4 g.

post-85710-0-80635000-1488388311.jpg

Good luck with your choices

Mark.

• Like 4

I had both the full length shorter and the it, I still have the kt, but will be selling it soon due to lack of use, the full length just felt unbalanced for me.

So I fitted the a@m cylinder to my kt for higher shot count and much much much better balance (did I mention it's a lot better than the standard cylinder ?).

For me it would be the carbine each and every time.

Iv had both the carbine and the full length both sporter stocks one 22 and one 177

both as good as each other and very accurate

but there only as good as the person behind them thats squeezing the trigger

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 4

I personally prefer a shorter rifle. Although it's something I'm used to I also find it easier to control going over obstacles or in confined spaces, woods etc.

But like most people say it's a personal thing

KT all day long.

Why have a bigger rifle when you can have a cute little carbine that does that same job. And really looks better. The form of the 100 was always gonna look better smaller.

I think :)

• Like 2