How many of you make your own pouches?.. do you cut with a template or do you just improvise? Maybe a steel rule die? Currently buying mine and although they're top notch i wanna start making my own and am looking at my options and the way other lads do it. Any advice appreciated

• Like 1

I just make a template from a milk carton then cut with a rotary cutter and for the holes I use a paper hole punch.

if you have a go at making your own pouches make sure you cut the leather in the direction that it stretches the least.

I do both, I buy a few and make a few, but I like my pouch,s very small just big enough to hold a ball I just draw around an old pouch and cut them out with big scissors I normally get a leather bag from a charity shop or cut a sqare out of old leather sofas that are thrown out lasts for ages

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Supersure pouches seem to be the go to pouch for a lot of shooters but personally I'm not a fan of them...I get my pouches from a member by the name of e-shot on there. Do you have pouches at the moment? I'd be happy to send you a few to tide you over If not

Edited by daveee88

That's really kind thanks, but right now I don't have even have a catty (Gadder they were called when I was a lad). I think I've found a design I like and so will give it a go at making one, then look at the "add on bits".

making a pouch . the black widow ones are massive not so good I cut some leather 80mm x 20 mm with scissores . the leather will streach

Nooo, I'll try making the Gadder and buy the bands and pouches at least in the short term. I couldn't hit a barn door with an 'andful o' peas the last time so I reckon lots of practice will be the order of the day.......

make sure your fork is smooth fill holes with eposy or something rubdown with fine paper , paint or varnish but have no dents or holes in finished fork . they can eat bands fast .