Is It Worth It?!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For that money, I'd go HW100 every time   They're accurate and reliable. Mine never let me down.

dont over look the bsa ultra se very capable light and pointable rifle .

I got to fire and shoulder the hw100 kt yesterday, and I absolutely loved it! So comfy and the balance was perfect! So I'm definitely going to go for the hw100kt! Thanks for all your help guys, really

Posted Images

Don't touch the regal for god's sake , A few of us on here have had them , just do search and find out

I've had a look and the general review seems to be that it's unreliable. Have you had one? What problems did you come across?

Yes mate i had one for six weeks and daystate had it for four of those weeks .

Problems

Underpowered three times

crap grouping

magazine

pellet fell through to hammer system ,when shooting more than 35%

shroud rattles

coating coming off shroud and trigger guard

and other things

Had my money back in the end and bought another HW100kt .177 to go with my .22 one

I would have another regal tomorrow ,if i can find one cheap ,then send it off to ratworks or airtech

What i liked about the regal

Nice looking

went to shoulder well

nice weight

good balance

Imo you will have a job to beat HW100 , two 14 shot mags , silencer, best cocking system , very accurate in all three cals , easy to work on ,built to last .

If you can find a second hand BSA ultra then have it regged ,then you will have a gun which will match any top price gun pellet for pellet , for around £500 mark, very accurate guns as well .

Best is to shoulder a few makes and see which one suits you the best :thumbs:

• Like 4

HW100 OF ANY CAL AND STOCK

OR A DAYSTATE MERLYN

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Those older Daystates are pretty good - I keep looking at an LR90 at my favourite shop :)

It's in excellent nick with a proper retro cats-eye scope ............ Feckin temptation :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Just to throw a spanner in the works, I have a daystate regal, it's been the most reliable gun after my r10, it's my second most accurate gun, after my r10, both those two guns are factory standard and never been touched, they shoot like they have been tuned, I managed to get two good ones I guess.

The regal DOES put pellet on pellet at 40 yards, EVERY time I take it out without fail, I have full confidence in it whenever I pick it up out the cabinet, I couldn't be happier with any gun, if I get a pellet outside a 5p group I know it's either me, conditions or a bad pellet, I have possibly put around 5000 pellets through it and it's never failed to impress.

I also have a hw100, it's going up for sale soon, it's good, very good, but I think the regal just has the edge on it.

They just need painting..........................?

• Like 3

got to agree with rabid on this one, I've had two hw100's and one had to go back and the other only liked 1 pellet, it was deadly accurate with it but thats not good enough!

loads of lads love the 100's and they mostly perform well, my hunting mate would die before getting rid of his he's had at years and its never been serviced or let him down!

but there not for me...

never owned a regal but i had an airwolf that was deadly accurate and reliable, only got rid because it was to big/long

i can see a regal making it into my armoury soon, nice looking bit of kit :thumbs:

atb si

Just to throw a spanner in the works, I have a daystate regal, it's been the most reliable gun after my r10, it's my second most accurate gun, after my r10, both those two guns are factory standard and never been touched, they shoot like they have been tuned, I managed to get two good ones I guess.

The regal DOES put pellet on pellet at 40 yards, EVERY time I take it out without fail, I have full confidence in it whenever I pick it up out the cabinet, I couldn't be happier with any gun, if I get a pellet outside a 5p group I know it's either me, conditions or a bad pellet, I have possibly put around 5000 pellets through it and it's never failed to impress.

I also have a hw100, it's going up for sale soon, it's good, very good, but I think the regal just has the edge on it.

They just need painting..........................

You must have a very good regal if it can do that How old is it by the way? :thumbs:

• Like 1

They just need painting..........................

You must have a very good regal if it can do that How old is it by the way? :thumbs:

It must be 2 year old now I guess, I have had it maybe 6 months, I got it from a mate, that's the only reason I bought it as I had seen how it shot with him, it's changed the way I think about daystate, that's how good it is.........

• Like 1