just a update on my harris hawk tia

ferreterwithnets

Hi mate, sounds like we are close to each other in the training side of where our Birds are. I have had mine a Week now, from a guy who had him on the Glove eating for a few days. He is flying loose indoors about 20 feet to the Glove for me. He doesn't hesitate to come once he sees the chick rattling around in my Hand. I have him come to me about 6 times and then sit with him for an hour on my Fist and then put him in his weathering. In the evening he comes back in to watch telly for an hour. He is still a bit wild, but don't want him too tame.

Good luck with yours mate.

Hi mate, sounds like we are close to each other in the training side of where our Birds are. I have had mine a Week now, from a guy who had him on the Glove eating for a few days. He is flying loose indoors about 20 feet to the Glove for me. He doesn't hesitate to come once he sees the chick rattling around in my Hand. I have him come to me about 6 times and then sit with him for an hour on my Fist and then put him in his weathering. In the evening he comes back in to watch telly for an hour. He is still a bit wild, but don't want him too tame.

Good luck with yours mate.

just becarefull if you expect it do the same in the field, most of the time doing it indoors or in the garden then get out in the field you will have to train it all over again if you get what i mean unless its a bird thats older and has already been flown before

she has bin jumping on the glove for 6 days now

so i am going to try her on the Creance tomorw

she has bin jumping 2-3 feet of a T perch so i think she will be ok

wish me luck :thumbs:

all the best mate just remember ya first year is crucial your learnin the bird aswell its easy for them pick up bad habbits but well dun keep it up :thumbs:

all the best mate just remember ya first year is crucial your learnin the bird aswell its easy for them pick up bad habbits but well dun keep it up :thumbs:

to true :thumbs: is there such a thing as a bad bird, or is it just a bad falconer :hmm: :11: Good luck with her bud.