,perpignan is a nice town as well,,,stoped in a hotel right next to the castle there

You have too much cash TOMO :D I remember sleeping in some scrubland on the outskirts of Perpignan one night, then on the beach at canes plage the next when I was a teenager and hitching down through France :cray:

i wish mate,,,these last 4 years have all been done on a shoe string... :icon_redface: ,,,still its amazing how far you can go with not much,,,,butties on the beach,,instead of lunch in the bistro.. :thumbs:

that hotel in perpignan waasnt the best either,,,,shame as from the outside it was stunning,,,in one of them old buildings with rawt iron balcony things,,big french windows,,,great view over the cannal that goes through perignan,,,next to the castle,,,real prety place,,,but the room was shit :doh:

• Like 1

Good to hear peadair. Should have great weather over there that time of year for ground works.

Is there a big difference in the price when it comes to labour,trades and materials compared to the UK and Ireland.

Atb j

Doing all the labour myself apart from the electrics and the installation of the septic system. Swings and roundabouts on materials, but it is going to be cheaper for me to pay £600 to ship the slates over than to buy them there! Good quality double glazed windows seem to be cheaper over there, but planed timber is expensive. Oak, however is much cheaper - paid £30 for a 10 foot length of 5 x 5 from a sawmill.

• Like 2