I don't want to worry you but you are going to need some bricks on it or something.

It's fine when the weather is nice but if you get a stiff wind that f****r will blow away!

It survived a mini-tornado last September and didn't budge an inch.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

We have a small holiday home in the Languedoc, beautiful country x

yes some stunning country down there,,,traveled a good bit of it,,,had a few days in avignon last year,,,traveled round the cevennes ,,,the aquacduct at pont du gard,,,perpignan is a nice town as well,,,stoped in a hotel right next to the castle there

• Like 4

Any update on the house peadair.

Atb j

Just got back from a quick trip to check how the winter treated it. Glad to say it's bone-dry and no worse for wear. Got a soil study done as a prelude to getting septic tank installed. Back at the end of May to finish the place and move the wife and kid over in October for good.

• Like 1

Good to hear peadair. Should have great weather over there that time of year for ground works.

Is there a big difference in the price when it comes to labour,trades and materials compared to the UK and Ireland.

Atb j

• Like 3

I really like it down that part of France......My dad lives in Brittany & when we visit we stop off in the Honfleur area, about half way down for us.....

We were down there a few weeks ago, I love the countryside round that area........looks untouched for years in many places ;-)

Good luck with the move!

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 1

,perpignan is a nice town as well,,,stoped in a hotel right next to the castle there

You have too much cash TOMO :D I remember sleeping in some scrubland on the outskirts of Perpignan one night, then on the beach at canes plage the next when I was a teenager and hitching down through France :cray: