Sign in to follow this  
Caravan Monster

Boots

So which are the best Lowa or Meindl.............?

Both good mate i wear the meindl and like them and some of the other lads wear the lowa and like them, so that doesn't help really....

Im getting a new pair of boots but need a few web sites to look at please my choise is Aigle Meidl Lowa so any links would be great and ive noticed some sites only go up to size 10-11 no good when your size 12. cheers Stork

hello all just after a bit of advice i am going to buy a pair of lowas off internet did you all get the size you are or did you go a size bigger cheers .

I had to get a half size bigger in lowas , normally a size 9 but lowa 9 is a tad small . Lowa mountain gtx good so far, usually wear boots out after 2 years see if the extra cost is worth it.

Guest WILF

Well, I have just taken the plunge and ordered som Dovre Extremes from North East Fieldsports........I was umming and arrhhgging about it but they are doing them at such a good price I couldnt resist.

Lets see if ther outperform the Mouflons...........

Lets face It, I think most would....

Well, I have just taken the plunge and ordered som Dovre Extremes from North East Fieldsports........I was umming and arrhhgging about it but they are doing them at such a good price I couldnt resist.

Very very happy with my Meindls, they've seen some shit lately, was in a "field" with sludge up to my knees the other night (not lamping just for fun) and they didn't let any in.

What happened to the Mouflons Wilf? Not dead already surely?

And as for your signature ....... Just too funny.

Guest WILF

Seem to have a small leak somewhere.......its not too bad, but enough to be annoying.

I only notice that the footbed is damp when I put my hand in.........plus I just wanted to buy myself something :D

Anyone own these type of boots? - normally high leg and leather. There are plenty of brands- Lundhag, le chameau et c. I know they are not going to be cheap, but I' m willing to pay if they do the business. Any recommendations? :thumbs:
i would recomend irish setter boots bought mine at least five years ago they have had a real hard life and still going well though look a bit taty till you get the old cherry blossom on them they are a real serious boot they are not cheap but when you get them you can see the qaulity and every body else can aPROPER BOOT AND LEATHER .