• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can we have an update kind Sir'?,would be interested to hear how they performed during the dark depths of the monsoon Principality winter :thumbs:

Ok Selwyn, sorry for the delay fella, as you know i purchased these at last years Midland Game Fair after having all the trouble with the Altberg boots, i have been wearing these boots every day now for about 9 months and they are still going strong.

Meindl1.jpg

I like a high boot myself and they are really comfortable, have been out in them in the "Dark Depths of the Monsoon".... :D ....as you say, and have walked through sodden grass, brooks and streams on a regular basis and no water has penertrated them so far, they are a Quality boot.

I do treat the leather with the Meindl cream, Kiwi polish, and that Renapur leather balsam that you can buy at the gamefairs, but you are still going to get cracks in the leather in them if you wear them all the time, as long as no water starts getting through i'll be happy.

Meindl2.jpg

I read on the net the other day Boot Care you should fill your boots with water every few months and let them soak overnight to get rid of all the salt deposits in them,...does anyone else do this...???

Cheers

SINDASOX :thumbs:

:whistling: Meindl glockners all the way wear them every time out hail rain sleet or snow on the rugged hills of scotland whiether ferretting in the hardest winter or walking miles of the wettest hills your feet will be warm . dry and comfy thats for sure and the heavy brambles have little effect on them same as the heather fecking great boots :big_boss: Edited by beddyman
:whistling: Meindl glockners all the way wear them every time out hail rain sleet or snow on the rugged hills of scotland whiether ferretting in the hardest winter or walking miles of the wettest hills your feet will be warm . dry and comfy thats for sure and the heavy brambles have little effect on them same as the heather fecking great boots :big_boss:

Totally agree and they are a cracking price from GDK. :thumbs:

Link below

http://www.gundogkit.co.uk/products.php/Me...Glockner-GTX/41

I've had hunters (high screel) when they made them and thought they were excellent, before them I had Scarpa's which were brilliant. When my hunters eventually wore out I made the mistake of buying Le Chameau Mouflons, big mistake! They lasted about four months with really bad cracking of the leather, had to fight like mad to get them replaced which took about four months. Now after four months with the replacement pair they are cracking and the rand is coming away. I know some folks like them but my experience with Le Chameau UK was not good at all, with both pairs of boots failing so soon and the poor after sales service makes me want to warn everyone off. I have now bought a pair of Meindl's but they make my feet hurt, I think I need more padding underneath my feet. I am tempted by the Lacrosse but wary of spending any more money without serious research.

ft

i couldnt agree more mate about mouflons plus, had mine 8month and startin to crack badly ~ always left to dry naturally so it wasnt through bein in heat , dissapointed to say the least !

• 3 months later...

Update on my Meindl Dovre's one year on,

Whilst cleaning my boots last month i noticed a small hole had appeared in the tounge of one of the boots, i also noticed that the stitching inside the boot that holds the lining together directly behind my heel had come undone in one of the boots.

I mentioned this to Tredders, the company who i purchased them off, and they advised me to get in touch with UK's importers of Meindl, which i then did, they asked me to send them back to them so they could inspect the boots themselves, i have heard off them this week and they have agreed to send out a replacement pair because of the lining all starting to come undone.

SINDASOX

Update on my Meindl Dovre's one year on,

Whilst cleaning my boots last month i noticed a small hole had appeared in the tounge of one of the boots, i also noticed that the stitching inside the boot that holds the lining together directly behind my heel had come undone in one of the boots.

I mentioned this to Tredders, the company who i purchased them off, and they advised me to get in touch with UK's importers of Meindl, which i then did, they asked me to send them back to them so they could inspect the boots themselves, i have heard off them this week and they have agreed to send out a replacement pair because of the lining all starting to come undone.

SINDASOX

Meindl do offer a great customer Service, for anybody else with problems there number is 015395 602 214