• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

I've had hunters (high screel) when they made them and thought they were excellent, before them I had Scarpa's which were brilliant. When my hunters eventually wore out I made the mistake of buying Le Chameau Mouflons, big mistake! They lasted about four months with really bad cracking of the leather, had to fight like mad to get them replaced which took about four months. Now after four months with the replacement pair they are cracking and the rand is coming away. I know some folks like them but my experience with Le Chameau UK was not good at all, with both pairs of boots failing so soon and the poor after sales service makes me want to warn everyone off. I have now bought a pair of Meindl's but they make my feet hurt, I think I need more padding underneath my feet. I am tempted by the Lacrosse but wary of spending any more money without serious research.

ft

Lowa Munrow! They are the best boots I have ever worn..

Non gortex so you feet dont sweat all day and are just as water proof as gortex is looked after well.

I have tried gortex and just hate it, yes it is very waterproof but it isnt breathable, making your feet wet with sweat :sick:

Also, a month back I slipped over and landed on something hard which snapped one of the boot clips off, I sent it back to lowa and they replaced the boots free of charge.

TRY HUNTERS,LOVELY AND WARM ,WATERPROOF LEATHER,IN THE SALES AT THE MOMENT,WAS£299.00 NOW £120.00 FROM UK COVERS AT WWW.UKCOVERS.CO.UK LADY P :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

feck paying that rigger boots 20 pound

I am fecked if I would want to do 10+ miles over heavy plough or up and down fells in a pair of riggers!! :no:

Edited by WILF
  • 5 months later...
Can we have an update kind Sir'?,would be interested to hear how they performed during the dark depths of the monsoon Principality winter :thumbs:

:whistling::whistling: ............it will be a Barbour and cap next :yes::D