• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For me to sit here offering many thanks to you all for your kind words, just doesn't seem enough, its nice for me to know that over the years, you have enjoyed my days out in the field with Nell, if I

Been over a year now sin I took her to the vets, and I will never forget the moment she laid her head on my shoulder as the needle went in, ive never been the same since, and that's no lie, every time

Ray, as a dog lover like yourself, dont you think i havent had those thoughts as you have stated, but i also have stated that at the moment, the only problem with Nell at the moment is her size, she i

Posted Images

she will get the best from me lads, best of grub, a warm bed with her mate, and as you can see, some sun on her back, not that I suppose helps her, but it helps me, thinking im doing right by her, still goes out in the fields with me, poor bugger what a way to end up eh, thanks for your concern lads :thumbs:

post-59960-0-76966700-1488921253_thumb.jpg

Edited by iworkwhippets
  • Like 2

very sad news, and pitiful to see her like this, ive just read about the disease , and sometimes they might do a op on the brain , suppose it depends on the dog. i am torn with decisions in my mind if it was my dog, to keep her or end her misery , i think if there just pet type breeds that never had the buzz of hunting catching rabbits etc in the day, or lamping at night , then yes let them spend the rest of there lives out. But dogs that had excitement of hunting day or night, is it really the right thing to do to deny them it, more so if there not old .I had lurcher x lurcher bitch, who had bad cruises ligament injury when she was 4 year old, she could never run proper again. i kept her another 10 years untill she died at 14, but looking back was it right really, she moan / bark when i took me other lurcher out laming, and in the day kept her on the lead if there was any game about, to stop straining the weak knee if she ran after anything . she had been good bitch, had few hares in the day, killed foxes solo , and had fair few rabbits in that time, so she deff knew what she was missing :yes: . so looking back i think really she have been better of out of it when she was 4 year old, i dont do much now with my fooked back, but go out 2 times a day to keep the dogs happy as much as i can . :thumbs:

Ray, as a dog lover like yourself, dont you think i havent had those thoughts as you have stated, but i also have stated that at the moment, the only problem with Nell at the moment is her size, she is still up for being out with me doing what she loves, she performed well yesterday , but its all in moderation now for her, i know her inside out Ray, what time she farts, what colour will her shite be, the colour of her piss, and so on, when the day comes, she shows me any changes, and i will spot it afore it comes, then i will take it from there, shes been, and still is a good pal to me, so i owe her, big time, some folks and i dare say there me be on this forum, would call it a day with her, but a couch potato she isnt, and neither am i, :thumbs:

• Like 5

Ray, as a dog lover like yourself, dont you think i havent had those thoughts as you have stated, but i also have stated that at the moment, the only problem with Nell at the moment is her size, she is still up for being out with me doing what she loves, she performed well yesterday , but its all in moderation now for her, i know her inside out Ray, what time she farts, what colour will her shite be, the colour of her piss, and so on, when the day comes, she shows me any changes, and i will spot it afore it comes, then i will take it from there, shes been, and still is a good pal to me, so i owe her, big time, some folks and i dare say there me be on this forum, would call it a day with her, but a couch potato she isnt, and neither am i, :thumbs:

fair play keith , you know her best and i know you got the best interests at heart for her mate :yes: . i kept that bitch i had 14 years, so i know mate. As you say she still going out with you and your other young dog . i did read that with treatment that sometimes it can rectify it self , and the dog go on for good while hope she gets better with treatment :thumbs:

Terrible news that mate

I dont care who disagrees with this but i think nell has to be one of the best mooching dogs on this form. I think these are the only pics iv seen her without a rabbit in her mouth

Very sad. Atb with her

In the last pic the pup looks well stoned haha

Edited by green dragon
  • Like 2

What a sad read mate...

it's funny most of us have never met you or your dog, but all can see what a great companion she is for you... lots of us enjoy your write up of days out..

I hope she makes a good recovery mate,

Atb

Kev

• Like 2

shes gone lads, up at 6 30 this morning, let her out for a piss, poor thing hobbled outside in the pouring rain on 3 legs, carrying her back left, that's it time for more help, was with her at the vets at 8 30, blood test xrays onset of cancer and liver failure, looked her in the eyes said many thanks for being a good pal to me, and put to sleep at 18 minutes past eleven theres much more I could say about her but at the moment, im absolutely drained, what a lovely faithful pal I have lost,

• Like 4