• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For me to sit here offering many thanks to you all for your kind words, just doesn't seem enough, its nice for me to know that over the years, you have enjoyed my days out in the field with Nell, if I

Been over a year now sin I took her to the vets, and I will never forget the moment she laid her head on my shoulder as the needle went in, ive never been the same since, and that's no lie, every time

Ray, as a dog lover like yourself, dont you think i havent had those thoughts as you have stated, but i also have stated that at the moment, the only problem with Nell at the moment is her size, she i

Posted Images

ok lads, I rang my vets at 8 30 this morning, reason being, Nell has ballooned in size in the last 4 days, had her at the vets this morning, the vet checked her over and said looks like cushings, but only blood tests would be the answer, blood tests done, and now confirmed cushings , I was mithered to f**k, its really made me feel ill, shes not in any pain eating well but my mind is running haywire at the moment, will she die on me, should have asked the vet I know, but my lady isn't to good at the moment, all my fencing is down due to to the high winds, dunno whether im coming or going, I really am so f***ing sad at the moment, I love my animals, Nell has been a good pal to me, she lives for work, shes waiting to go out now, what the f**k do I do, shes being prescribed some meds I work my balls off here with my lady not being 100 per cent, so enjoy my few hrs in the field with my dogs

Whatever you decide to do best of luck if there's anyway I can help or assist you don't hesitate to drop me a PM I've enjoyed your posts of that little bitch over the years. I really do wish you the best of luck with everything ??

• Like 4

Your vet sounds like he's on the ball, so I'd suggest you go with his guidance. Unfortunately my vet at the time was a useless prick who didn't even test for Cushings and was more interested in trying to sell me some really expensive diet food, the dog had ballooned which is one of the symptoms, and he was adamant that he was getting no exercise and eating too much, even on the second consultation. It wasn't until my wifes' mates' son took him to the Blue Cross and she diagnosed it immediately. She prescribed chemotharapy, but that made him very very ill and we had to make the decision to have him PTS, it absolutely slaughtered me.

There's a lot of if's and but's with Cushings but don't despair as it is treatable if the circumstances are there, but if it is treatable it would mean medication for the rest of her life, so some very difficult decisions for you to make in the near future. I don't envy you, ATB.

• 2 weeks later...

pitiful sight eh lads.few weeks back, a nice healthy looking whippet, its really knocked me me back, but apart from her looks, she ails bugger all, eats n drinks as normal, shes on meds, no cure, so, I still give her what she wants, and that's work, shes up for it, so she gets it, until the time comes she tells me different, I will take it from there

post-59960-0-27598000-1488904065_thumb.jpg

• Like 2