Hw99S Out The Box Vs Home Tune Review

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These are a very nice stock for a 99 This is my SFS IMP

Hello all,   Today I picked up my weihrauch HW99s after waiting a week for it to be delivered, I chose the 0.177 caliber as all my other rifles are 0.177 and tbh I love that pellet choice. I have re

Dont be offering to go deep with him mate, he will be round in his leather mask.

Posted Images

Power washers do make a difference in. 177 99's.

got mine set at just over 11 with one power washer standard spring tbt kit, not jumpy just quick and accurate.

Admit it was a bit low power when new without kit just over 10 but don't know about Welsh wily springs and things, there was nothing wrong with my hw spring.

I find best way to get shims lined up as you put the barrel on or the little pins in the trigger block is to assemble it with the perfect size punch instead of the pin.

Then tap the punch out with the pin from the other side so it replaces the punch as it goes in.

Power washers do make a difference in. 177 99's.

got mine set at just over 11 with one power washer standard spring tbt kit, not jumpy just quick and accurate.

Admit it was a bit low power when new without kit just over 10 but don't know about Welsh wily springs and things, there was nothing wrong with my hw spring.

As I have said before different rifles may yield different results, however in my experience of tuning a few 99s power washers make very little,if any difference, I will be interested to see the results with the WW kit, using washers or not.

• Like 1

Happy man again, just received a delivery today

post-104316-0-77850200-1490191048_thumb.jpg

So just a case now of putting my barrel back on do some test shots to bed the spring in and then re chrono as I now have a slip washer and a power washer added so firstly want to see if power has increased also check to see if I get a harsher kick through the firing cycle.

• Like 1

I had a hell of a job with barry,s hw35 with the two shims Richard

but once bitten twice shy lol

sorted Robs, hw35 with the shims no bother

with a little help from Charlie caller he pre,warned me about the washers lol

iv just put a power washer in Robs 35 and she is just as sweet now as before no snap at all

your doing a fine job on her Richard and your doing it right

NOT RUSHING THE JOB

I love this little 35 me lol

CHARLIE (TIM) KNOWS HIS STUFF RICHARD IF I NEED HELP I JUST PM HIM AND HE HELPS ME OUT

YES EVEN AN ARM CHAIR SHOOTER LIKE ME GETS STUCK NOW AND AGAIN :yes::D

I MUST BE DOING SOME THING RIGHT HE HAS NOT TORE A STRIP OFF ME YET :laugh:

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 2

I had a hell of a job with barry,s hw35 with the two shims Richard

but once bitten twice shy lol

sorted Robs, hw35 with the shims no bother

with a little help from Charlie caller he pre,warned me about the washers lol

iv just put a power washer in Robs 35 and she is just as sweet now as before no snap at all

your doing a fine job on her Richard and your doing it right

NOT RUSHING THE JOB

I love this little 35 me lol

CHARLIE (TIM) KNOWS HIS STUFF RICHARD IF I NEED HELP I JUST PM HIM AND HE HELPS ME OUT

YES EVEN AN ARM CHAIR SHOOTER LIKE ME GETS STUCK NOW AND AGAIN :yes::D

I MUST BE DOING SOME THING RIGHT HE HAS NOT TORE A STRIP OFF ME YET :laugh:

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Them shims are the worst thing known to man, I'm quite heavy handed and they was a pain in the arse to sit perfectly, well done weihrauch for making the tolerance to perfection. Pain in the arse for me mind haha. She re built again and I am one happy man. I've fired a few test shots and I'm one happy man. I'm going to run some stings over the chrono now but I did 5 as soon as I put her back together and I was getting between 749 - 753FPS so I can't complain.

I've only got into shooting 7months ago and I've stripped and polished and home tuned both of my springers and I think I love the maintenance just as much as I enjoy shooting them.

Regarding your HW35...Mate I love what you do to the stocks and I've been on a hunt for an old battered rifle myself to bring back to life. When I said your work inspires it really does mate. You can see the effort you put out and the owner of that gun is going to be one happy man.

arm chair shooters think they know it all hahaha top man jimmy :thumb:

So now she has been re built I thought I would do a quick 10 shot string over the chrono. In another 500 pellets I'll re chrono her so I see roughly where she fires at. I must say I'm quite impressed with the consistency she's putting out already. I have put one power washer and the slip washer at the front of the piston so there will be a comparison to my first string.

#1 747FPS 10.42ft/lb

#2 752FPS 10.55ft/lb

#3 745FPS 10.37ft/lb

#4 745FPS 10.37ft/lb

#5 747FPS 10.42ft/lb

#6 747FPS 10.42ft/lb

#7 745FPS 10.37ft/lb

#8 751FPS 10.52ft/lb

#9 752FPS 10.57ft/lb

#10 752FPS 10.57ft/lb

So I have a 7FPS deviation what I'm quite happy with, the power is prob just right for a .177 can realistically put out, I've read page upon page regarding power and the .22 compaired to the .177. For me I'll use it for target practice and should I ever get to go hunting I know there is enough power to kill the quarry cleanly.

Regarding shorting the barrel and threading for a moderator...I'm just going to put that on hold short term and just get some hours under my belt shooting her then I can decide if it's a mod worth doing.

That being said she shoots more consistent already then my walther Rotex RM8...my shot deviation on that was iratic to say the least but that's for another topic on a different thread.

ATVB

Richard

• Like 1