Hw99S Out The Box Vs Home Tune Review

Just some pics of my strip down and some internal before pics

post-104316-0-42468000-1487961858_thumb.jpg

post-104316-0-53583100-1487961875_thumb.jpg

post-104316-0-92549700-1487961899_thumb.jpg

post-104316-0-43048800-1487961919_thumb.jpg

post-104316-0-53643500-1487961953_thumb.jpg

No sounder I was smelling diesling...the piston seal had grease all over the head, got the turps on it all and have now degreased. Like I say I'm going to polish all internals tomorrow and post some after pics, couldn't see any piston weights and didn't notice a cocking shoe when I was taking apart. Does that mean I have an older 99s?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These are a very nice stock for a 99 This is my SFS IMP

Hello all,   Today I picked up my weihrauch HW99s after waiting a week for it to be delivered, I chose the 0.177 caliber as all my other rifles are 0.177 and tbh I love that pellet choice. I have re

Dont be offering to go deep with him mate, he will be round in his leather mask.

Posted Images

Well while you are at it mirror polish the spring ends, it makes quite a difference :yes: no wonder you could smell dieseling then pal, use dri slide on the piston, trust me, or ultimox 226 if you are brave enough to pay the price lol.

Because I have ages to go for for my WW kit I'm polishing it all so I can still get some hours down the range. I've just put some pic of the piston..compaired to my HW77 I think they just dipped my piston in grease and re built. Couldn't see no metal files or crap and the spring looks like they spent a couple of mins making it a little better.

Feckin state of that piston seal :o

Do the people that put these things together ever shoot them??????

It's pretty poor when an enthusiast can finish a rifle better than (supposedly) one of the top makers in the industry.

Good luck with it Rich :thumbs:

I never had these issues with my TX :whistling::D

• Like 2

No mate its not an older 99, they dont have piston weights or a cocking shoe like an 80, state of that fu*ing piston seal, dear oh dear, de grease the whole insides of the cylinder until its Uber clean, the piston seal wants nothing but a dab of silicon oil around the edges, with all that grease the seal would have melted with dieseling after a short time if shot a lot.

• Like 1

I was shocked when I saw the piston seal, just explains why I was smelling diesling after every shot and now I'm glad I haven't put to many through her before I stripped her down. Brand new out the box and like you say eventually the seal would have melted. I'm glad I'm confident in taking them apart and putting them back together but the ultimate question is...should we have to be the ones that make HW as good as they are?

@jonjon79 mate one day I will go British and buy myself either a tx or pro sport, 1 walther and 2 weihrauch, I'm sure there's space for the best of British with a German barrel.lol

• Like 1

I was shocked when I saw the piston seal, just explains why I was smelling diesling after every shot and now I'm glad I haven't put to many through her before I stripped her down. Brand new out the box and like you say eventually the seal would have melted. I'm glad I'm confident in taking them apart and putting them back together but the ultimate question is...should we have to be the ones that make HW as good as they are?

@jonjon79 mate one day I will go British and buy myself either a tx or pro sport, 1 walther and 2 weihrauch, I'm sure there's space for the best of British with a German barrel.lol

The hw35 seal is in better nick than that lol

and its over 20+ years older or more

and before i took it apart Richard it shot sweet very sweet

but she was made when the QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER CARED OR BEFORE HE RETIRED LOL

ITS ALL ABOUT MONEY NOW GET THEM OUT THERE AND GET THE MONEY IN

at one time we tuned and de,greased because we wanted to now its a case of we have to

ITS ALL WRONG

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

The hw35 seal is in better nick than that lol

and its over 20+ years older or more

and before i took it apart Richard it shot sweet very sweet

but she was made when the QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER CARED OR BEFORE HE RETIRED LOL

ITS ALL ABOUT MONEY NOW GET THEM OUT THERE AND GET THE MONEY IN

at one time we tuned and de,greased because we wanted to now its a case of we have to

ITS ALL WRONG

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

If I hadn't got into all aspect of air rifle and maintenance I would never have known that things needed looking at, I've been reading your thread about the HW35 and that seal has had some years life in her, mines meant to be brand new...haha your right mate it's all about the money

Manufacturing is all about OEE and LOP now..car industry or guns!

Sadly it's quantity and not quality these days

OEE?

LOP?

OEE..overall equipment effectiveness

LOP..loss of production....all to do with percentage's to make profit blah blah..

Can go deep....really deep if ya fancies it Rezzy ?

Xx

• Like 3

Looking good Richard satisfying isn't it! They are a pleasure to strip. When I polish pistons I put the latch rod in a drill chuck and spin them makes it miles easier (apologies if you allready knew that). Bet the wait for the kit to land is going to drive you mad lol.

• Like 2

So I'm in the middle of polishing my piston and trying to get it to a mirror shine, I thought I would post some pics as I go along.

So here's the piston polished to weihrauch QC standards

post-104316-0-93947200-1488027475_thumb.jpg

post-104316-0-10022800-1488027505_thumb.jpg

post-104316-0-27684000-1488027552_thumb.jpg

So I've got my drill set up in my work mate, secured my piston in the drill and got my tools for the job:

post-104316-0-92516400-1488027629_thumb.jpg

post-104316-0-05607000-1488027660_thumb.jpg

This is a close up of a blemish in my piston seal....

post-104316-0-26956100-1488027686_thumb.jpg

So after stage 1 (600grit wet and dry here's the result) I'll go through 1000/1500 and finish on 2000grit, then I'll give it a good polish with the autosol, then I'll do the same on the trigger sear at the bottom and get that nice and shiny.

post-104316-0-03613600-1488027747_thumb.jpg

post-104316-0-95283500-1488027914_thumb.jpg

I better get back to work and I'll post the end result when I've finished.

• Like 1