Rapid 7 Fill Valve Adapter Problem?

Some advice please, "oh mighty gurus of the air rifle" ??.

I took the air cylinder off the Rapid today to clean and grease the seals etc.. The cylinder seemed to be really tight so I was really cautious with the turns as it was the first time I'd filled it. However when the seal did finally open the cylinder just emptied straight away, even though I was really cautious. So airing on the side of caution I fitted a new cylinder seal, I connected the air bottle eased the air on and it's leaking out of the valve faster than I can get it! I've ensured the valve is tight on the air bottle set, I've cleaned and lubed all the seals etc but still the air is just pouring out the valve. I think it's coming out the top of the valve but can't be completely sure?

Does anyone know if it's a regular problem with Rapids, can the valves be fixed? I'm a bit stuck, thank you in advance ??

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thats the joy of having sites like this one doesnt matter how much we all know we are never to old to learn more

Best fittings are doing a quick fill now were you dont have to drill stock iv got one on my rapid and you dont have to take valve out of bottle

Moxy , is the man to speak to mate! He's the dogs with these Atb

Posted Images

I've tried a quick blast and it's done nothing, all I can see on the buddy bottle is a ball bearing or metal like stud in the end of cylinder. Do the fill valves have a seal in?

I've just unscrewed what looks like a washer with a seal in it, off the top of the filler valve?

Is it actually leaking out of your buddy bottle when you take it off the fill gauge?Or can you not get any air into it at all and its leaking when on the fill gauge .Where you screw the buddy bottle into the fill gauge there should be a hard seal that the bottle screws tight up against..If thats dropped out it will just leak as you try to fill the buddy bottle..It is a Rapid and not a MFR???

Is it actually leaking out of your buddy bottle when you take it off the fill gauge?Or can you not get any air into it at all and its leaking when on the fill gauge .Where you screw the buddy bottle into the fill gauge there should be a hard seal that the bottle screws tight up against..If thats dropped out it will just leak as you try to fill the buddy bottle..It is a Rapid and not a MFR???

It's a Rapid 7 mk1 Donny, and there's no seal in the filler valve at all mate. I can't get any air in at all ?

Well where you screw your buddy bottle onto your gauge there should be a hard plastic seal it keeps it airtight as you fill,, if thats missing the air will just go everywhere as it needs that seal between the end of your bottle and the gauge..they are usually off white in colour