I Want A Slap

As most know iv done the stock on the DS ?

which means iv had the action out of the stock two or three times ?

Any way me. Elmer,,little hunter...went to the old perm last night and time,d it wrong

for the start time the time we arranged was 5pm to meet at mine as we wanted to hit the crows

for dusk coming in .

By the time we got there the light was just about gone got the rifles set up and went for a wander not much about at first and the fields were like mud pits every step you were fighting to pull your feet out of the mud .

but i saw one rabbit laying low by a fence line next to a fence post about 30yrds WHY I DID NOT TAKE THE SHOT THEN I WILL NEVER KNOW but i went over one fence and took a few steps went down on one knee took aim and it moved behind the fence post so i had to move then i went prone it saw me and ran one way then another then back then it took off

no1 gone

it was raining when we got to the perm but now it was coming down harder so we went back to the tank and waited until it stopped ,

We then set off again LH and Elmer went one way and i another i went into the farm yard to see what was in the bull field and there was two nice size ones sitting about 40yrds away

i used the fence to support my arm took aim and let a biz mag go one ran one way and the other went another way WTF i say,d to my self ,

NO2 GONE

I had a wander around the water tower field saw a few but as soon as you put the lamp on they were off so headed back to meet up with the other two and they had much the same luck as me .

We had a bite to eat and set off again no3 came up in the hospital field it was running back and forth in the fence line and all i could see was its eye shine it was as if it was looking for some where to hide then it took off but it did not go far .

i walked up and climbed over the fence to get with in shooting distance of it went prone took aim and let the shot go it back flipped hit the ground and ran for cover .

NO3 GONE.

the next 3 were the same one even ran towards me from 40yrd to about ten yrds and sat

in front of me let the shot go and it just took off .

NO,S 4,5,6,GONE

To say i was pi**ed off was an under statement all across the field as i was walking back to the tank i was cursing and swearing and kicking stones lol

calling my self and the rifle .

Now when i got back the lads were shooting a plastic bottle that was out at 31yrds so i set the rifle on the ground filled the mag lay down on the tarmac path took aim and wack hit it and kept on hitting it pushing it out to 40 plus yrds .

I then took aim at the bottle top AND THATS WHEN IT HIT ME WTF

THE RIFLE WAS SHOOTING TO THE LEFT now this rifle set up and the scopes are usually

spot on all the time and its accuracy is second to none

but thats when the action has not been out of the stock a few times

as in the first statement of this thread .

I HAD NOT CHECKED THE ZERO HAD I some thing i all ways bang on about with new shooters .

And if viz had been with us he would of made me check it before we started .

Mind LH shooting was second to none hitting the bottle out to m40+ yrds and more shot for shot and even when he was standing unsupported every time, little shit lol

SO I NEED A SLAP LADS

should of had 6 in the bag but as i did not check zero i failed

AND IT COULD OF BEEN AVOIDED IF I HAD ONLY CHECKED ZERO AT THE START OF THE SHOOT

ATVB A VERY PI**ED OFF MAC :cray: :cray: :cray:

• Like 4

As most know iv done the stock on the DS ?

which means iv had the action out of the stock two or three times ?

Any way me. Elmer,,little hunter...went to the old perm last night and time,d it wrong

for the start time the time we arranged was 5pm to meet at mine as we wanted to hit the crows

for dusk coming in .

By the time we got there the light was just about gone got the rifles set up and went for a wander not much about at first and the fields were like mud pits every step you were fighting to pull your feet out of the mud .

but i saw one rabbit laying low by a fence line next to a fence post about 30yrds WHY I DID NOT TAKE THE SHOT THEN I WILL NEVER KNOW but i went over one fence and took a few steps went down on one knee took aim and it moved behind the fence post so i had to move then i went prone it saw me and ran one way then another then back then it took off

no1 gone

it was raining when we got to the perm but now it was coming down harder so we went back to the tank and waited until it stopped ,

We then set off again LH and Elmer went one way and i another i went into the farm yard to see what was in the bull field and there was two nice size ones sitting about 40yrds away

i used the fence to support my arm took aim and let a biz mag go one ran one way and the other went another way WTF i say,d to my self ,

NO2 GONE

I had a wander around the water tower field saw a few but as soon as you put the lamp on they were off so headed back to meet up with the other two and they had much the same luck as me .

We had a bite to eat and set off again no3 came up in the hospital field it was running back and forth in the fence line and all i could see was its eye shine it was as if it was looking for some where to hide then it took off but it did not go far .

i walked up and climbed over the fence to get with in shooting distance of it went prone took aim and let the shot go it back flipped hit the ground and ran for cover .

NO3 GONE.

the next 3 were the same one even ran towards me from 40yrd to about ten yrds and sat

in front of me let the shot go and it just took off .

NO,S 4,5,6,GONE

To say i was pi**ed off was an under statement all across the field as i was walking back to the tank i was cursing and swearing and kicking stones lol

calling my self and the rifle .

Now when i got back the lads were shooting a plastic bottle that was out at 31yrds so i set the rifle on the ground filled the mag lay down on the tarmac path took aim and wack hit it and kept on hitting it pushing it out to 40 plus yrds .

I then took aim at the bottle top AND THATS WHEN IT HIT ME WTF

THE RIFLE WAS SHOOTING TO THE LEFT now this rifle set up and the scopes are usually

spot on all the time and its accuracy is second to none

but thats when the action has not been out of the stock a few times

as in the first statement of this thread .

I HAD NOT CHECKED THE ZERO HAD I some thing i all ways bang on about with new shooters .

And if viz had been with us he would of made me check it before we started .

Mind LH shooting was second to none hitting the bottle out to m40+ yrds and more shot for shot and even when he was standing unsupported every time, little shit lol

SO I NEED A SLAP LADS

should of had 6 in the bag but as i did not check zero i failed

AND IT COULD OF BEEN AVOIDED IF I HAD ONLY CHECKED ZERO AT THE START OF THE SHOOT

ATVB A VERY PI**ED OFF MAC :cray: :cray: :cray:

School boy error

• Like 2

Don't worry Mac

I've never let you down mate I'm on the M1 , in ten minutes on my way up with a big lump of 4x2

So book your hospital bed ! , I'll let Sean hit you with it mind , as I've got to get back Safely and don't want you catching me

There's only one thing to say , apart from nice write up , you TWAT

Atb northern nut cracker

• Like 1

Any excuse! Why on earth you don't check your zero before heading out shooting is beyond me ! Wind and weather alter poi; you of all people should know that mate

If i had id of had six in the bag :cray:

IT WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Don't worry Mac

I've never let you down mate I'm on the M1 , in ten minutes on my way up with a big lump of 4x2

So book your hospital bed ! , I'll let Sean hit you with it mind , as I've got to get back Safely and don't want you catching me

There's only one thing to say , apart from nice write up , you TWAT

Atb northern nut cracker

David i could kick my self mate

any way im in hiding as from now dont want a 4x2 over my head lol :laugh:

love you to bits bro

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

Great write up Jimmy and yet another brilliant night, thank you to you and LH. As Jimmy said LH showed me the ropes last night, wise beyond his years! I haven't got the words to do the lad justice! For the fellas on here that haven't met him or know him he's a real credit to his Grandad and shows that the youth of today can be great, respectful. Obviously he's been fortunate enough to have a great Grandad as well as Sean to take him on the right path.

I've got to say his lesson on shooting was impressive, he emptied that HW Cylnder in double quick time. He was shooting out to about 40yds at a bottle that was laid down, he was hitting it with the lamp on and off, prone and standing unsupported. He also zeroed his lazer marker and was smashing it with that out to 40 yds! These are accurate yardages as I had the range finder.

Jimmy I appreciate the lesson you gave me last night. To go out and miss all them opportunities just to show me the importance of zeroing, that's friendship for ya ????????

By the way people, I've still shot f*ck all, but the wellies were f*cking brilliant ?????

• Like 4

One of those things pal. Done it myself when i have been running late.

At least you were out with good company and you came clean.

We can all relate to going out and filling a bag and I'm sure we can all relate to going out and making a pigs pinkle of a trip too.

There's always next time Jimmy.?

We can all relate to going out and filling a bag and I'm sure we can all relate to going out and making a pigs pinkle of a trip too.

There's always next time Jimmy.?

I for one would like say "I DONT FECKING KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO FILL A BAG" lol. I'm still on zero kills ???????

• Like 1

There's always next time Jimmy.

I for one would like say "I DONT FECKING KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO FILL A BAG" lol. I'm still on zero kills

Wait till the weather clears a bit and the ground dries up, then you will have a bit more to go at pal.....but then you won't need your wellies.....

• Like 2