Xanadoo

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i know, that wasn't aimed at you bud its just the way it is tho, what you do with your dogs deep in the countryside is up to you. its a shit law and it dose not work but we have to do our best and kee

Not the best photo as the focus was on the red bitch in the centre, little bitch on the left Plummer terrier breeding, never saw a rat in her life,was an out and out digging terrier and worked to a ve

more,                

Posted Images

If we're talking historically, I used the spade (cosh), it was the accepted legal way and believe me it was as quick as any bullet. I cringe when I say it now, times have changed, and I'd say for the better. The first time I saw a .22 pistol used on a dig was a real eye opener, it was more professional and took all the hassle out of the end product.

I was once in court for "causing unnecessary suffering to an animal, namely, a terrier type dog arising from digging a fox without permission" ! A bit of a mouthful, but that was the charge. A representative of the FMWTC came along to explain that as the law stood, we'd done nothing illegal. The magistrates got hung up in the manner of despatch and once I'd explained how I'd despatched the fox they asked (he'll remain un named) the rep how he would despatch a fox humanely, his reply still has me cringing now, I wanted the floor to swallow me up.......... I'D STAB IT !! The look on their faces

All's well that ends well, there was no case to answer at that time, I was released without much of a fuss but sooner or later that self same charge stuck, and the rest is history, it gave them a stick to beat us with. Get your permission wrote down and make sure you can despatch legally, with a firearm.

Edited by dillydog
  • Like 4

100 percent agree with dilly them two things are a must in the uk without no means of humane despatch your screwed . And for the lads that cant get a firearms look into getting a bolt gun.

I know a few lads will read this and say fu#k it were ok. You might just change your minds when that chopper lands in the field next to you when your digging.

• Like 5

I used a bolt gun for years killing cattle sheep deer and lambs, very easy to use tool with great results if handled properly. Seen an older guy one day turn it and the end caught his sleeve the bolt shot right up the inside of his arm along the bone, it wasn't a pretty sight.

• Like 1