Breed Most Valued In A Lurcher

here's the crux of I see what Morton says and with f1lurchers ta grey can be very serviceable but ,ain't a grey on the planet tested fa live game work than a good saluki or coursing animal ,we know there may be diversity in the welps but the same can be said of all lurcher nests ,I also know the pit falls of Salukis and there xs breeds but we have I believe we have not seen the best of the saluki with base animals bred for lamping and day time mooching ,likes has fugi says ya picks ya animal for the ground one runs and game or quarry and of course there be no perfect animal ,but how's about producing animals that can be hammered under the lamp and take it in there stride regular and recover quickly from hard nights work,I know there may be animals out there capable of this but has we see they are few and far apart, there should be no reason in this day and age that the consistent mouchers of large bags of rabbis are common ,the reason they are not his fa the very reason of the f1this and the f1that animals bred fa a single purpose. There has never been a time has we find ourselves ta day that breed type xes are abundance and this will not do a lurcher any help on the whole. Old school lurchers are the way once again they will reign supreme and perhaps then we shall see we have come full circle ,atb bunnys.

how many salukis will track-guy i worked for sent out a bitch(greyhound/stayer/drominboy diva)-beat any sals she raced-desertbred tells me there are better in his country though.(she went dubai)-shed have been lucky to ever win a race in ireland or england

Saluki were not bred for the track put a grey out on any other terrain over 1000 yds and see if it beats a fast saluki/ Most of the Salukis the Arabs run a good lurcher would beat them anyway thats why they come here buying secondhand dogs .

Not all greyhounds are out and out sprinters though tbf they are stayers out there granted not over huge distances but 1000yards is not a lot for some I can think of a bitch we owned a few years back was flying over that distance and well beyond and not just on the sand. Not saying she was durable but it is a bit of a myth that all greys have no wind whatsoever and with I very much doubt a saluki would have beaten her over said distance and she was no world beater in the greyhound world jmo

Interesting point. I'm not likely to find something like that out from all of the way over here in the USA. Thanks for posting t

I I think 1275 yards was about the longest track race some racing enthusiast will know. Coursing dogs had more stamina than the track dogs but get the yards up they wont stay with a good saluki on tough terrain got one here now smooth 28tts 30kg shit off the proverbial shovel his line from sire and dam same for generations he can run down what hes let after

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Depends if you're trying to turbocharge a collie, or add an engine management system to greyhound.

A good mixed breed lurcher with a bit of alsorts in it worker x worker, genetics don't work in percentages anyway

most of the leggy terriers,i like irish terrier,,wheaten,just down to preference really,

Same pal. Good coat, nose and prey drive but its horses for courses. A lot of people on here talking up the saluki but tbh I wouldn't touch one, however it all comes down to personal preference. Terrain and prey are the things you should think about most before considering buying or breeding any lurcher.

• Like 1

I would go so far as saying that with the caliber of coursing dogs out there and available....Who in their right mind would use a pure bred greyhound for anything breeding wise?

If I fancied a bull cross, a good stocky bull over a coursing bred bitch might do wonders....Who knows....All this bollocks about needing pace pace pace , Better just enough pace than too much?? just a thought

• Like 2

I would go so far as saying that with the caliber of coursing dogs out there and available....Who in their right mind would use a pure bred greyhound for anything breeding wise?

If I fancied a bull cross, a good stocky bull over a coursing bred bitch might do wonders....Who knows....All this bollocks about needing pace pace pace , Better just enough pace than too much?? just a thought

Sounds good on paper but as someone else mentioned in the flesh the saluki adds but also takes away. Can't beat a good old bull/grey if you need sommat that don't mind abit of stick imo.

• Like 2