Ferret Coming In Season?

Hello, a bit of background to start off. Ive had the ferrets about 6 weeks now. The nails were over grown, so I trimmed these and gave them both a dose of spot-on as the younger one looked like it had ear mites. They had been fed on cat food, so I stopped this and fed a varied mix of fresh meat, heart, kidney and liver. They wolfed it down and the oldest piled on the weight. I took them ferreting for the first time just under 2 weeks ago and have been 4 times, they have been getting more exercise than ever, but ive noticed in the last couple days that the oldest one is looking a little thinner than she was, and I weighed her yesterday at 2lb 2.5oz. She doesnt look skinny, but not so much of the fat belly she did have. Also she doesnt seem to be eating a huge amount. I always leave ferret biscuits in the hutch, but usually, as soon as i put a bowl of meat in, they wolf it down. This morning, I put a little beef mince mixed up with an egg yoke, the younger one ate half of it, but the oldest didnt seem to eat any meat. It carried some of to its bed and hid it in the corner, but came back and just licked all the egg yoke up. I picked her up and her lady bits do look like they are starting to swell, so I think she is stating to come in season. Would this cause her appetite to go down the last couple of days? Shes running about and behaving like normal. Dont know if im worrying for nothing, or could be the start of something???

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, a bit of background to start off. Ive had the ferrets about 6 weeks now. The nails were over grown, so I trimmed these and gave them both a dose of spot-on as the younger one looked like it had ear mites. They had been fed on cat food, so I stopped this and fed a varied mix of fresh meat, heart, kidney and liver. They wolfed it down and the oldest piled on the weight. I took them ferreting for the first time just under 2 weeks ago and have been 4 times, they have been getting more exercise than ever, but ive noticed in the last couple days that the oldest one is looking a little thinner than she was, and I weighed her yesterday at 2lb 2.5oz. She doesnt look skinny, but not so much of the fat belly she did have. Also she doesnt seem to be eating a huge amount. I always leave ferret biscuits in the hutch, but usually, as soon as i put a bowl of meat in, they wolf it down. This morning, I put a little beef mince mixed up with an egg yoke, the younger one ate half of it, but the oldest didnt seem to eat any meat. It carried some of to its bed and hid it in the corner, but came back and just licked all the egg yoke up. I picked her up and her lady bits do look like they are starting to swell, so I think she is stating to come in season. Would this cause her appetite to go down the last couple of days? Shes running about and behaving like normal. Dont know if im worrying for nothing, or could be the start of something???

None of jills are in yet but I'm expecting my albino jill to come in soon, she always comes in first.

Cause for the appitite lose will be the hormones, a lot of jills go a little bit off their food and lose a bit of weight when they come into season. They soon get their appitite back though.