Light(Ish) Loads

Any recommendations for light load carts in 12 bore. Got an old baikal single I use for knocking about, she's old and rough but does the job, (like a good woman)!

Anyway guns so light it kicks like a mule with 1 1/8 loads I use in the doubles, thinking of around something a bit under an ounce for a better balance but would obviously like to keep reasonable range.

Dont think you will have a range problem i thought all the old baikal singles where full choked ? i remember using them with the old red they werent baikal cartridges where they record shells smokey and dirty as feck if your conifendent in your shooting look at going down a shot size or two as well

Can't remember the choke, years since I put a gauge in it but full does ring a bell. Still got a load of the Record cartridges, smoke and flames out the spout as you say.

Looking for lighter loads to match the light gun. Just wondering if I would need to go sub ounce loads (20 bore weight) to get a nice balance between recoil and stopping power. I can always try a few different loads but recommendation always a good place to start.

Just wondering what other people are using in their singles.