Tail Docking Rep Of Ireland

scotland still has a ban on some working dogs, terriers can not be docked but working springers ,cockers and such like can.

Yip. As mentioned a flawed outcome as working terriers organisations were not informed or included in the survey sample. Only shooting orgs contacted and included. The terriers numbers in the survey accounted for show dogs and a few pets belonging to gunmen. Be lucky if there was a worker amongst them. They even had a Russian terrier included? Pathetic and poor science.

By not having a vet do it is making Terrierman ordinary decent criminals.... or as the Animal Welfare crowd would have us deemed barbaric cruel savages.

Edited by Corkman

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some Irish pups are bred so good the tails fall off after two days.

There seems to be a lot of anger on the terrier section these days, the thread was about docking but it seems only patterdale owners can make any comment,LOL's, the section is being fecked by the same

HGN,   In my opinion.   According to the law in Ireland right now; 1; Only a Veterinarian or Veterinary Nurse can perform the procedure. This is covered under a Statutory Instrument, (an addition

I'm trying to get my head around this thread, why are people so concerned about having a vet perform this action, is it to have a cert? Why do you need it unless you're selling pups, and to pet owners at that, I'd be surprised if a terrier man was fussed about who done once it's done correctly, or is this action actually policed and people are trying to stay within the law, who polices it?

let me explain it to you this way.... just say your seen now with a pup at 6 months old and docked could be walking to the shops or just taking it a walk...some busy body joe public or dog warden meets you on a walk.. the dog warden will ask for a docking cert.... joe public could report you...you cant produce it, pups confiscated could be years of breeding down the tube.. a fine and probably an article in a paper portraying you as a babrbaric savage who hasn't a clue... they are the wronguns but that's just the way the worlds going and terriermen have to be seen to be doing everything legal and above board if your looking to work dogs regularly then my best advice is to try on touch on a vet who understands pest control with terriers ... to be honest yes they are going to start the policing of this a bit more than they were...or so some are being told when in attendance at animal welfare meetings with the appropriate bodies... fore warned is fore armed....

• Like 3

you are 100% correct timmy... they WERE just a dog warden 2 years ago...now they have the same statutory rights as the police in your country my country...community police officers??? that used to be neighborhood watch... try telling them to politely fook oof...arrested..trumped up charges and made look like a criminal.

As you all know I breed "REDLINE" Plummer terriers, probably 2 litters a year for the past 5 yrs or so, my vet docks and dew claws for a tenner a pup and I have to say its the best money I spend, I have had the RSPCA at my door from pups I sold to lads in Swansea,Liverpool and Scotland, its easy for me as I just give them his name and address,phone number,etc and thats the end of it, like the rest of you boys I docked my own since the late 70's without any problems to the pups but its just not worth taking a chance for the small amount it costs getting it done properly, the only issue I have had with my vet is that left to him he would do a very short dock whereas I like a longer dock, I mark where I want them cutting and thats it,hassle free, WM

Edited by Plucky1
  • Like 1

As you all know I breed "REDLINE" Plummer terriers, probably 2 or 3 litters a year for the past 5 yrs or so, my vet docks and dew claws for a tenner a pup and I have to say its the best money I spend, I have had the RSPCA at my door from pups I sold to lads in Swansea,Liverpool and Scotland, its easy for me as I just give them his name and address,phone number,etc and thats the end of it, like the rest of you boys I docked my own since the late 70's without any problems to the pups but its just not worth taking a chance for the small amount it costs getting it done properly, the only issue I have had with my vet is that left to him he would do a very short dock whereas I like a longer dock, I mark where I want them cutting and thats it,hassle free, WM

attachicon.gifDSC_0006 2.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0007 2.JPG

So you just breed for £££ then ?
  • Like 1

As you all know I breed "REDLINE" Plummer terriers, probably 2 or 3 litters a year for the past 5 yrs or so, my vet docks and dew claws for a tenner a pup and I have to say its the best money I spend, I have had the RSPCA at my door from pups I sold to lads in Swansea,Liverpool and Scotland, its easy for me as I just give them his name and address,phone number,etc and thats the end of it, like the rest of you boys I docked my own since the late 70's without any problems to the pups but its just not worth taking a chance for the small amount it costs getting it done properly, the only issue I have had with my vet is that left to him he would do a very short dock whereas I like a longer dock, I mark where I want them cutting and thats it,hassle free, WM

3 litters a year for last 5 years, Ching Ching.
  • Like 1

He ain't trying to better the Plummer terrier.

He only wants to line his pockets.

That's the sad reality of puppy farms.

He ain't trying to better the Plummer terrier.

He only wants to line his pockets.

That's the sad reality of puppy farms.

15 litters in 36 months, that's an average(ish) litter every 8 or 9 weeks, he's a canine factory.

Same old knockers driving everybody away from posting,every litter has been a stepping stone on improving what is already out there,those that take the time would realise the many health problems that have stacked up in this breed or type due to inbreeding to one or two overused stud dogs, this cannot be said of my line as they are "unique" and miles away from anything already out there in my opinion and yes mary and king I breed health issue free Plummer terriers,so I would say that is bettering the breed, none are registered or shown and are bred for working as they were originally intended,they are compact little terriers with good composition and decent head size.There will always be surplus when breeding to a plan and culling is something that I could never do,I know some do it but its simply not for me,the surplus were all taken by friends at first normally a few in each litter and the rest sold, the money is always given to my wife and not kept by me as I simply do not need it,my pups have gone all over the country mostly to decent people that cannot get what they wanted from the known clubs who all have waiting lists for pet or show owners, I work my dogs 7 days a week,all year round and are tested everyday on live quarry not sat in the run bored like most of the dogs owned by lads that have to work,they are genuine all round terriers that are just as at home working rats,fox,rabbits and any other vermin that presents itself on an average day,they bush for my hawks,can retrieve when shot over,some have gone for trailing deer, I would not have kept them if they were not capable all round terriers and its certainly not for the money, Mary,your maths are abysmal, how you arrived at 15 litters is beyond me, some years there were no litters and some years only one but 1 year there were 3, WM

Edited by Plucky1
  • Like 2

Same old knockers driving everybody away from posting,every litter has been a stepping stone on improving what is already out there,those that take the time would realise the many health problems that have stacked up in this breed or type due to inbreeding to one or two overused stud dogs, this cannot be said of my line as they are "unique" and miles away from anything already out there in my opinion and yes mary and king I breed health issue free Plummer terriers,so I would say that is bettering the breed, none are registered or shown and are bred for working as they were originally intended,they are compact little terriers with good composition and decent head size.There will always be surplus when breeding to a plan and culling is something that I could never do,I know some do it but its simply not for me,the surplus were all taken by friends at first normally a few in each litter and the rest sold, the money is always given to my wife and not kept by me as I simply do not need it,my pups have gone all over the country mostly to decent people that cannot get what they wanted from the known clubs who all have waiting lists for pet or show owners, I work my dogs 7 days a week,all year round and are tested everyday on live quarry not sat in the run bored like most of the dogs owned by lads that have to work,they are genuine all round terriers that are just as at home working rats,fox,rabbits and any other vermin that presents itself on an average day,they bush for my hawks,can retrieve when shot over,some have gone for trailing deer, I would not have kept them if they were not capable all round terriers and its certainly not for the money, Mary,your maths are abysmal, how you arrived at 15 litters is beyond me, some years there were no litters and some years only one but 1 year there were 3, WM

Why did u edite your post taking away 2 to 3 litters and changing it to 2

You are just a puppy farm nothing less.

And yes you are quite right yours are unique.

They are from a puppy farm.

I'm not interested in your sales patter.

• Like 1