Night Time Ferreting.

talt

How do you go about it? Just the same as in the day time or do you do anything different? Do you use lights of any sort either to see with or identify where the ferrets are at? what happens if you get a lay up? Lots of questions i know, but i am seriously interested.

best done on open parkland,,,as a young fella we were at it all the time,,,do exactly as you do in the day,,,of course its easier when its a full moon,,,,and if its still and frosty,,you can hear a mouse fart at 500 yards,,,

we also did it where there was light polution so you didnt need a moon for that,,,,get out there and give it a go

• Like 2

one spot i used to do,,,my lurcher bitch would often catch the odd bit of large game whilst watching the nets,,her ears would prick she would air scent,,and be gone,,,i would be stood there waiting for the bellowing,,,exciting stuff.. :angel:

• Like 1

Never got round to doing it myself, but my father told me how him his brother and two sisters used to go poaching on some steep ground with open ground burrows on it. How they would grease all the hinges on the gates with lard in the day time then sneak up after dark ( probably ordered to do it by his father he was a miserable old bxxger ). Always told me they did well though but then that was before mixy.

Cheers Arry

I've got a couple of permissions that I go at night time that are a bit sensitive in the day lol. I sellotape one of the medium sized fishing starlights onto my Mk3 collar you can spot them brilliantly. The rabbits seem to bolt even better as not sure why but I never seem to have to dig at night the rabbits probably think what the bloody hell is that coming down the tunnel and my kids love it. I find having a decent headtorch helps as well. Good luck ☺

• Like 2