Pine Marten Attack

Ok Pete

Where's Google

I dont use google pal i wait for neal to use it and read what he posts.

NEIL ATTENBOROUGH YOU GOAT

I know exactly what you ment pal. You seem to have a problem with neal because hes more inteligent than you im the opposite id rather learn from them rather than slate them regardless of were they got there knoledge now fcuk you boring me.

• Like 1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've said it numerous times, Don't fix something if isn't broken. These so called conservationists /antis seem to want to protect and reintroduce mostly carnivors and raptors, I don't see this as co

They have been reintroduced in my area in an effort to reduce the grey squirrel population and boost the Reds numbers, and they are thriving, and in fact, the grey squirrel is nearly gone, not seen an

Were i live in the usa, in Illinois by the Wisconsin border, we have reds and gray, and black squirrels. I believe the reds are bigger then our grays and the blacks are the same size as the grays. I love eating squirrel but never will try the black ones.

lol why not the black ones mate ?
because the black ones started out in a town called crystal lake, the only place we saw them. Now there all over. Not sure were the color came from but dont wanna take a chance and eat one.
Isn't crystal lake ,where Jason Voorhees comes from??
  • Like 1

Ok Pete

Where's Google

NEIL ATTENBOROUGH YOU GOAT

I know exactly what you ment pal. You seem to have a problem with neal because hes more inteligent than you im the opposite id rather learn from them rather than slate them regardless of were they got there knoledge now fcuk you boring me.

ah shucks ,and we thought Valentine's day was over Lol
  • Like 4

Were i live in the usa, in Illinois by the Wisconsin border, we have reds and gray, and black squirrels. I believe the reds are bigger then our grays and the blacks are the same size as the grays. I love eating squirrel but never will try the black ones.

lol why not the black ones mate ?
because the black ones started out in a town called crystal lake, the only place we saw them. Now there all over. Not sure were the color came from but dont wanna take a chance and eat one.
Isn't crystal lake ,where Jason Voorhees comes from??
he's my neihbor.??
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

They have been reintroduced in my area in an effort to reduce the grey squirrel population and boost the Reds numbers, and they are thriving, and in fact, the grey squirrel is nearly gone, not seen any in ages.

Will they not kill reds? Racists

Funny enough the same type of conversation came up a while back with a group of us, one lad in particular that is very smart in all aspects of wildlife etc. Said that a Pine Marten will catch grey squirrels but not reds as the reds are too fast and even if the Marten follows the reds out onto thin branches it will stop! as it knows the red is lighter in weight and the Marten won't venture any further onwards in pursuit so the red will in turn, live for another day. I thought about it after and thought that's makes sense, then after more thought I said to myself that has to be total bollocks. If that's the case how does the heavier and larger grey succeed so well in dominating the red squirrel? I wouldn't be that clued in on squirrels by any means. So I never gave it another thought but I'm sure someone will be able to clear it up. Atb.

When you think about it, the martin was here before the greys were introduced. Surely they must have preyed on reds then?

The greys are decimating the reds due to being larger and more aggressive but primarily through spreading squirrel pox which the reds have no immunity for ... pine martins have always hunted reds but only catch enough to keep the balance in nature ... much the same as any prey predator scenario it's normally the old and weak that get caught and the fit healthy ones escape .......

• Like 4
  • 4 weeks later...