Pine Marten Attack

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've said it numerous times, Don't fix something if isn't broken. These so called conservationists /antis seem to want to protect and reintroduce mostly carnivors and raptors, I don't see this as co

I dont use google pal i wait for neal to use it and read what he posts.

They have been reintroduced in my area in an effort to reduce the grey squirrel population and boost the Reds numbers, and they are thriving, and in fact, the grey squirrel is nearly gone, not seen an

Were i live in the usa, in Illinois by the Wisconsin border, we have reds and gray, and black squirrels. I believe the reds are bigger then our grays and the blacks are the same size as the grays. I love eating squirrel but never will try the black ones.

Reported to admin for racism.

• Like 3

Isn't there a colony of black Grey Squirrels somewhere in Britain. They're just a melanistic variety probably caused by inbreeding.

Regarding Pine Martens here in Ireland ?

The spread of forestation was already helping these very efficient predators and they don't need the constant releases by those who know nothing of the modern countryside.

There is not a happy balance in any environment anywhere on planet earth when the predator to prey ratio is quiet high on the predator side.

There's roads in the mid-lands where in a 5 or 6 mile stretch you might see 3 or 4 dead Pine Martens.

It's the same with Buzzards and Ravens in some places it's ridiculous.

I know of one man in the midlands who always had a few cage traps set to protect his fowl (who are in pens) from Mink.

He used the exhaust of his car to kill them and then froze them as he wanted to sell the pelts. He mentioned to a friend of mine he had 35 mink in the freezer.

They were Pine Martens, a fully protected animal. My mate advised him to dump them ASAP.

But that is some onslaught of predators coming at a mans property again and again.

There's no respect for those who have to put up with them.

• Like 1

Isn't there a colony of black Grey Squirrels somewhere in Britain. They're just a melanistic variety probably caused by inbreeding.

The spread of forestation was already helping these very efficient predators and they don't need the constant releases by those who know nothing of the modern countryside.

There is not a happy balance in any environment anywhere on planet earth when the predator to prey ratio is quiet high on the predator side.

There's roads in the mid-lands where in a 5 or 6 mile stretch you might see 3 or 4 dead Pine Martens.

I know of one man in the midlands who always had a few cage traps set to protect his fowl (who are in pens) from Mink.

He used the exhaust of his car to kill them and then froze them as he wanted to sell the pelts. He mentioned to a friend of mine he had 35 mink in the freezer.

They were Pine Martens, a fully protected animal. My mate advised him to dump them ASAP.

But that is some onslaught of predators coming at a mans property again and again.

Neil what would you do without Google
  • Like 2

Where do you reckon I had to use Google for a post thats based on my opinion ?

If you mean the British black Grey squirrels then that's down to seeing them on telly.

You stick with Google, I'll stick to my own two eyes.

If you mean the British black Grey squirrels then that's down to seeing them on telly.

I don't know where you get the time your never off here Edited by WEDGEY

I don't know where you get the time your never off here

You must be on just as much to notice.

• Like 4

you one of his followers

you one of his followers

No mate but i see you are.

you one of his followers

No mate but i see you are.

Lol