28 replies to this topic

#16 daveee88

daveee88

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 06:29 pm

Thanks GM I'll give him a go.  Shall I get single or dbl banded?  I don't really know what the difference is.

Thats a question only you can answer mate, you're best trying both and seeing what you prefer...double banded would obviously have a heavier draw weight. A lot of people use doubles but i personally prefer the lighter draw of a single bandset

Edited by daveee88, 01 August 2017 - 06:30 pm.

#17 Outofnowhere

Outofnowhere

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 06:40 pm

Thanks fella, I'll go single and see how we go..................

#18 Greyman

Greyman

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 03:02 pm

Thanks GM I'll give him a go.  Shall I get single or dbl banded?  I don't really know what the difference is.

I,ve never felt the need to go double with my bands, but in general people use doubles for hunting more, I have a few different forks and the target sniper will take a 35mm wide band which is enough to chuck 12mm lead and drop a pheasant, my ppsg has 25mm singles which are a good general all round size for targets and smaller game like pigeons and I have a nice hazel fork with 15mm singles on that I use for tin shooting in the garden it's deadly accurate but I would,nt shoot any live stuff with it hope that helps
  • Outofnowhere likes this

#19 Outofnowhere

Outofnowhere

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:20 pm

Really useful GM thanks.  I'll start on single and work my way up I think.

#20 Outofnowhere

Outofnowhere

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:10 pm

Order placed and I'm now like a little kid Ffs......  :icon_redface:  waiting for it to arrive.  I'll need some ammo, does Wilko still sell M eight nuts in bags does anyone know?

#21 tatsblisters

tatsblisters

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:34 pm

I got the one were the tube bands are looped and slot onto the forks I recommend them and they have lasted longer than the bands I have used on another frame. 

#22 Outofnowhere

Outofnowhere

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:46 pm

Wasn't sure about tube bands Tats and so followed the you t u b e videos where it was all bands, or was in the one's I watched, but will make my own next and might try tubes at some point.

#23 Greyman

Greyman

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:28 am

Wasn't sure about tube bands Tats and so followed the you t u b e videos where it was all bands, or was in the one's I watched, but will make my own next and might try tubes at some point.

if you go on eBay you can by 4.5 X 1.7 mm latex tube from China for around a £5 there's enough to make up quite a few catty,s and it behaves simulator to tbg but lasts a lot longer you can adjust the power by varying the size of the loop at the fork end about a third loop seems to be a god all rounder

#24 Outofnowhere

Outofnowhere

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:21 pm

if you go on eBay you can by 4.5 X 1.7 mm latex tube from China for around a £5 there's enough to make up quite a few catty,s and it behaves simulator to tbg but lasts a lot longer you can adjust the power by varying the size of the loop at the fork end about a third loop seems to be a god all rounder

Thanks GM, I'll certainly look into it.  I'm not sure I understand your advice re varying the size of the loop tho sorry.

#25 Greyman

Greyman

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:29 pm

Thanks GM, I'll certainly look into it.  I'm not sure I understand your advice re varying the size of the loop tho sorry.
I,m leaving for jersey in two mins but I,ll stick some pics up when I get back if no one else has already cheers

#26 daveee88

daveee88

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:00 pm

The bottom pic has the tubing doubled over and tied at the pouch...the other picture has it tied off further down. I think thats what Greyman was on about

Attached Files

Edited by daveee88, 04 August 2017 - 03:05 pm.

#27 daveee88

daveee88

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:02 pm

Edited by daveee88, 04 August 2017 - 03:04 pm.

#28 Outofnowhere

Outofnowhere

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:27 pm

Ah I see thanks Dave a picture always paints a thousand words  :thumbs:

As I'm looking on the evil bay for ammo you haven't a seller of who to buy tube off of have you please?  Having been tucked up once before by the Chinese on evil bay, I swore I'd never order from them again but I trust you guys recommendation.  Thanks

#29 tatsblisters

tatsblisters

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:22 am

Ah I see thanks Dave a picture always paints a thousand words  :thumbs:

As I'm looking on the evil bay for ammo you haven't a seller of who to buy tube off of have you please?  Having been tucked up once before by the Chinese on evil bay, I swore I'd never order from them again but I trust you guys recommendation.  Thanks

Bearing warehouse are good for ammo I would personaly stay away from fullmarkshunting and fishing they ripped me off with a catapult I orderd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users