Thanks GM I'll give him a go. Shall I get single or dbl banded? I don't really know what the difference is.

Thats a question only you can answer mate, you're best trying both and seeing what you prefer...double banded would obviously have a heavier draw weight. A lot of people use doubles but i personally prefer the lighter draw of a single bandset Edited by daveee88

Thanks GM I'll give him a go. Shall I get single or dbl banded? I don't really know what the difference is.

I,ve never felt the need to go double with my bands, but in general people use doubles for hunting more, I have a few different forks and the target sniper will take a 35mm wide band which is enough to chuck 12mm lead and drop a pheasant, my ppsg has 25mm singles which are a good general all round size for targets and smaller game like pigeons and I have a nice hazel fork with 15mm singles on that I use for tin shooting in the garden it's deadly accurate but I would,nt shoot any live stuff with it hope that helps
  • Like 1

I got the one were the tube bands are looped and slot onto the forks I recommend them and they have lasted longer than the bands I have used on another frame.

Wasn't sure about tube bands Tats and so followed the you t u b e videos where it was all bands, or was in the one's I watched, but will make my own next and might try tubes at some point.

if you go on eBay you can by 4.5 X 1.7 mm latex tube from China for around a £5 there's enough to make up quite a few catty,s and it behaves simulator to tbg but lasts a lot longer you can adjust the power by varying the size of the loop at the fork end about a third loop seems to be a god all rounder

Wasn't sure about tube bands Tats and so followed the you t u b e videos where it was all bands, or was in the one's I watched, but will make my own next and might try tubes at some point.

if you go on eBay you can by 4.5 X 1.7 mm latex tube from China for around a £5 there's enough to make up quite a few catty,s and it behaves simulator to tbg but lasts a lot longer you can adjust the power by varying the size of the loop at the fork end about a third loop seems to be a god all rounder

Thanks GM, I'll certainly look into it. I'm not sure I understand your advice re varying the size of the loop tho sorry.

Thanks GM, I'll certainly look into it. I'm not sure I understand your advice re varying the size of the loop tho sorry.
I,m leaving for jersey in two mins but I,ll stick some pics up when I get back if no one else has already cheers

The bottom pic has the tubing doubled over and tied at the pouch...the other picture has it tied off further down. I think thats what Greyman was on about

post-97439-0-85764200-1501858802.jpg

post-97439-0-47179800-1501858899_thumb.jpg

Edited by daveee88

Ah I see thanks Dave a picture always paints a thousand words :thumbs:

As I'm looking on the evil bay for ammo you haven't a seller of who to buy tube off of have you please? Having been tucked up once before by the Chinese on evil bay, I swore I'd never order from them again but I trust you guys recommendation. Thanks

Ah I see thanks Dave a picture always paints a thousand words :thumbs:

As I'm looking on the evil bay for ammo you haven't a seller of who to buy tube off of have you please? Having been tucked up once before by the Chinese on evil bay, I swore I'd never order from them again but I trust you guys recommendation. Thanks

Bearing warehouse are good for ammo I would personaly stay away from fullmarkshunting and fishing they ripped me off with a catapult I orderd.