J Smiths Diesel

Can never understand the smoke and mirrors bullshit regarding pedigrees. Plenty of those around us too! If a 'GENUINE' lad needs help with pedigrees why not help him out? What do you gain by keeping it to yourself? Only to make it harder for lads to get it right. Who knows maybe with your help they'll produce an out cross you might need yourself in the future! We have pedigrees going back to the 60s passed down to us from the older generation. And we in turn pass it onto the next for the benefit of the line and the sport around us, the way it should be!

• Like 5

Can never understand the smoke and mirrors bullshit regarding pedigrees. Plenty of those around us too! If a 'GENUINE' lad needs help with pedigrees why not help him out? What do you gain by keeping it to yourself? Only to make it harder for lads to get it right. Who knows maybe with your help they'll produce an out cross you might need yourself in the future! We have pedigrees going back to the 60s passed down to us from the older generation. And we in turn pass it onto the next for the benefit of the line and the sport around us, the way it should be!

I agree 99% and the 1% I have a problem with is when your hard work and pride and joys turn up in some other lads pedigree.

You and I might only deal with genuine lads but do the genuine lads you entrust with such info only deal with genuine lads.

In an ideal world, YES, in reality ,NO.

• Like 5

I hear you Neill but in my opinion that would be a very small price to pay for helping others out & thus benefitting the line and sport in question!

IMHO there's those who want a genuine pedigree for themselves, usually good lads, then there's the lads who couldn't make head nor tail of one and don't care.

Then there's those who IMO are the parasite's of the working terrier world and need other men's terriers pedigrees to sell their dirt.

They know who they are.

Those parasites are the reason good genuine lads keep their cards close to their chest.

Put yourself in their shoes.

If you'd busted your bollocks all your life to have a line of workers worth being proud off, would you leave yourself wide open for some puppy peddling rat to make a lot of money on your name.

Sadly that's what's going on.

The funny thing is that the puppy peddlers lies get believed and the man who owns the rights to the breeding gets ridiculed.

• Like 1

I know of such cases to be fair and I hear what your saying. But there'll always be puppy pedlars with parasitic ways. They'll produce false pedigrees wether good genuine lads give them out or not! And there'll always be those who'll ridicule others given half the chance. Does either make the good genuine lads any less of a terrierman? These to my mind are no reasons not to help out other lads who you KNOW to be genuine! JMO