Rhodesian Ridgeback Bushing

Hannibal

Has anyone ever hunted with a rhodesian ridgeback? I have just rescued a 13 month old bitch. She has got brilliant manners and great with other dogs. Her owner has the big C so cannot no longer care for her.

Really hound looking.g bitch stands around 24 inches.

I have read of peopl using them for a variety of uses and hunting all sorts.

I have 2 runners and a terrier so I'm hoping she will learn from them and get hunting with the pack soon

• Like 1

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not trying to re invent the wheel guys nor am I claiming it is the new next best thing. I've rescued the bitch from being put down and hopefully she will find a place in my pack and she will slot

The bitch is doing just fine. She has settled right in with the family and my other dogs. She is a good watch dog to have knocking round the yard. Hunting wise she is very keen and seems to have team

You know what's fellas,f**k it I'll post what I like about what I like. The mighty hunter brigade pissed me off a bit but oh well. It's quite amusing how people get so offended about what another man

Posted Images

I can see that being a nice looking dog when youv got it in condition ,but bushing ?might be a bit of a stretch ,but you never know ,get her into the fields and see what she picks up off your other dogs you might have a bit of fun with it .good luck

do people realise how hard and how much effort you have to put into a bushing dog to get it to a high standard. It helps if you have something that is of bushing type ie spaniel, terrier, beagle etc yes you get the odd exception but there rare. Mine are out from pups with top bushing dogs and still I've seen a few purpose bred dogs fail or not up to standard ! There's a dog on here the lads not on now but bigs a dog up to high heaven the flying dog lol and I had it's brother and its was the biggest pile of shit i have seen ! There's dogs different purposes end of the day, you don't see people using Labradors to lamp it's no lurcher ! Same as you don't see people use lurchers as gun dogs, but I suppose this is thl and anything and everything's possible ?

Edited by FKOF
  • Like 1

Most of ye seem happy to settle with what ye end up with,no mention of a dog not making the grade.ye seem to tailor yer expectations according to the ability of the dogs ye have.that is bollix.if ye had high standards and only kept dogs that met the standards you expect there would be a lot less shite around and there wouldn't be anybody trying to use a fukin ridgeback to hunt cover.thank god this website doesn't reflect real life because every retard with access to a computer seems to be here but thank god people like this would not be entertained in real life on a days hunting,probably why they live on here.

• Like 4