More Surprises From The Super 10

Hey Jon,

Yeah I have been well into my s10's since they first came out, was my second rifle I ever bought.

I have all the seals, regs, reg parts, you name it, piss easy to work on, strip, service tune, is basic engineering really.

I only use Fb for the groups, my actual profile is shut down so to speak, didn't want any skeletons jumping out on me either !

Ps, Tim spoke well of you today

• Like 2

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've had this Mk2 Super 10 for a little while now and, it's proving to be exactly what I was after   ..... It's compact, not too light, not too slick but not agricultural either, accurate, good sh

I set some targets out at 35 yards and tried the JSB variants first - nothing too scientific, a mag of each without rezeroing. I was looking at how the pellets cycled and what the groupings were like

The end result from a short trip out was 7 dead rats - 5 recovered

Posted Images

Hey Jon,

Yeah I have been well into my s10's since they first came out, was my second rifle I ever bought.

I have all the seals, regs, reg parts, you name it, piss easy to work on, strip, service tune, is basic engineering really.

I only use Fb for the groups, my actual profile is shut down so to speak, didn't want any skeletons jumping out on me either !

I'd love to learn how to strip and work on this but, I've heard that the regs are a b*****d to do?

I think these rifles are brilliant - like you said, no plasticy bits and, solid. It'd be nice to know that I know how to work on it.

...... I'll give you a shout when I'm feeling brave enough to go for it :thumbs:

Atb

• Like 1

Hey Jon,

He is a nice lad

and he knows how to wrap a rifle lol

a fecking train could hit the box and it would bounce off it :laugh:

never seen so much bubble wrap in my life

Moxy Jon Jons new title MR BUBBLE WRAP :yes::whistling:

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

Hey Jon,

He is a nice lad

and he knows how to wrap a rifle lol

a fecking train could hit the box and it would bounce off it :laugh:

never seen so much bubble wrap in my life

Moxy Jon Jons new title MR BUBBLE WRAP :yes::whistling:

Allans Stealth is the same - a rifle in shit loads of bubble wrap, inside a gunbag, inside shit loads of bubble wrap, in a big box :thumbs::laugh:

Couriers scare the shit out of me - most of them seem to load their vans with a catapult :no:

post-102688-0-67024700-1486924458_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Jon,

I'd love to learn how to strip and work on this but, I've heard that the regs are a b*****d to do?

I think these rifles are brilliant - like you said, no plasticy bits and, solid. It'd be nice to know that I know how to work on it.

...... I'll give you a shout when I'm feeling brave enough to go for it :thumbs:

Atb

No problem mate, the biggest issue with the regs is getting them apart, but once you have the right collets

I will have a dig around as I may have some info be useful to you.

Hey Jon,

Atb

No problem mate, the biggest issue with the regs is getting them apart, but once you have the right collets

I will have a dig around as I may have some info be useful to you.

Cheers Rob, I'd really appreciate that :thumbs:

We popped down to my favourite gun shop yesterday - little 'uns Goldstar needs looking at because it's giving some erratic readings over a couple of chronos :rolleyes:

But, to be fair, even though it's out of warranty, Paul at Wiltshire Shooting Centre and BSA have both said they'll sort it free of charge - top class service :yes::good:

Anyway, I've settled on FTTs for the Super 10 so, I picked up a couple of tins while I was there.

Straight away I saw a difference - the ones that I had been testing were very clean and shiny - the new ones were a lot more grey and dirty.

The originals cycled easily, these new ones felt like they were giving a bit of resistance :hmm:

I've recently put a different scope on the Super 10 so, I had a quick zeroing session this morning. The new FTTs were still accurate, I just didn't like how they cycled.

Also, they left a bit of dirt around the impact hole......

post-102688-0-89881800-1487238402_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Someone recently gave me some Napier Power Pellet lube. I tried this once ages ago and it opened my groups right up (different rifle and pellet) so, I wrote it off as BS.

Anyway, after thinking about, I lubed a few of the new FTTs.

Straight away they cycled smoother and, without touching the windage and elevation, they shifted the point of impact to just above my point of aim and gave a very tight group :good:

I'm out ratting tonight - I reckon this combo is going to be devastating ;)

post-102688-0-15461600-1487238836_thumb.jpg

post-102688-0-68733800-1487238853_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Also, just for fun, I did the 'bit o' wood impact test' between the FTTs and FTT Greens......

..... 25yrds into a piece of damp pallet wood.

The Greens make a loud knock on impact but, the FTTs definitely penetrate better :yes:

I may come back to the Greens for some more testing one day but, for now, the normal FTTs are looking very good so, I want to learn how they perform and generally get a feel for what they're capable of.

post-102688-0-22524100-1487240689_thumb.jpg

post-102688-0-42481400-1487240701_thumb.jpg

Those rats are fcuked tonight Jon :) have fun

Me pellets turned up yesterday but they need signing for now so it's back to the post office again:(

Atb si

Let's hope so mate :thumbs:

...... I haven't been up there for a while so, I reckon their numbers might be up again and, I do enjoy hitting them with a .22 :yes:

I hate missing deliveries - I'm such an impatient c**t :laugh:

Me pellets turned up yesterday but they need signing for now so it's back to the post office again:(

Atb si

...... I haven't been up there for a while so, I reckon their numbers might be up again and, I do enjoy hitting them with a .22 :yes:

I had to go in and pick up Nelly's scope the other day cos the blind postman couldn't read the big

Note that I left in the window right next to the letter box saying leave next door:(

D1ckhead

Atb si

I had to go in and pick up Nelly's scope the other day cos the blind postman couldn't read the big

Note that I left in the window right next to the letter box saying leave next door:(

D1ckhead

come on then what do you think of them and have you told the bairn about them yet

get a review of the scope on the cat done

I DONT KNOW THESE FECKING ROOKIES

THINK THEY KNOW EVERY THING

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling::laugh:

• Like 1

Someone recently gave me some Napier Power Pellet lube. I tried this once ages ago and it opened my groups right up (different rifle and pellet) so, I wrote it off as BS.

Anyway, after thinking about, I lubed a few of the new FTTs.

Straight away they cycled smoother and, without touching the windage and elevation, they shifted the point of impact to just above my point of aim and gave a very tight group :good:

I'm out ratting tonight - I reckon this combo is going to be devastating ;)

JON DO YOU KNOW YOUR SUPPOSED TO PUT THE PELLET IN THE RED DOT NOT THE OUT SIDE OF THE DOT :whistling:

you been taken lessons off Mitch (vm)

he likes to do the same :tongue2::laugh:

You should do the same as me ,,,,,do the group THEN DRAW THE CIRCLE AROUND THE GROUPINGS :whistling::laugh::bye:

• Like 2