More Surprises From The Super 10

When you get feed up with it , turn it into fac , I belive there great at that ,,!

And I'll have it off you

I wouldn't even know where to start mate - Springers are easy but, I've never had a pcp apart. I'd be too worried about them little springs and washers.

Famous last words but, I can't see me getting bored with this - it's such a handy little thing to carry around and, it swings off the shoulder so well :thumbs:

It really has got character :yes:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've had this Mk2 Super 10 for a little while now and, it's proving to be exactly what I was after   ..... It's compact, not too light, not too slick but not agricultural either, accurate, good sh

I set some targets out at 35 yards and tried the JSB variants first - nothing too scientific, a mag of each without rezeroing. I was looking at how the pellets cycled and what the groupings were like

The end result from a short trip out was 7 dead rats - 5 recovered

Posted Images

These are the results from this mornings tests..........

The velocities were all taken with a Combro and, the targets are 10 shot groups.

First up, the FTT Greens at 9.56gn:

S1. 677fps

S2. 692fps

S3. 699fps

S4. 695fps

S5. 699fps

S6. 695fps

S7. 701fps

S8. 698fps

S9. 698fps

S10. 700fps

If I discount shot 1, which was the first shot of the day, I've got 9fps variance from an older pcp and a gimmicky pellet :o

I'm also impressed with the groupings :yes:

The rifle is currently zeroed in for the lead FTTs - the point of aim was the red dots.

But, there is still a niggling doubt about this pellets energy retention further down range. I'd like to know it's capable past 50yrds before I use it on any live targets at around 40yrds.

It's looking good so far but, more testing needed before I'm confident enough to use it.

post-102688-0-78403200-1486890285_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The lead FTTs (14.66gn) also did well - as I said earler, they cycle nice and smooth and they shoot well.

Again, the velocities were taken with a Combro and, the targets are all 10 shot groups.

S1. 606fps

S2. 591fps

S3. 587fps

S4. 602fps

S5. 604fps

S6. 592fps

S7. 592fps

S8. 605fps

S9. 595fps

S10. 604fps

This has given me a variance of 19fps - mainly due to shot 3. It didn't feel any different when cycled. Maybe it's just an anomaly from an older rifle.

I have discovered today that if I hold the cocking lever back for a couple of seconds when loading the next pellet, I get a few more fps :hmm:

As the velocities are already very healthy, I'll keep an eye on this.

So far so good - I'm happy with this S10 and, the lead FTTs are looking like a very good pellet for it :good:

post-102688-0-48283400-1486891193_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Those greens are looking good,

I've never heard anything good about them but your test shows different :)

You'll have to treat yourself to an f1 or something similar, I've been on the lookout for a bargain one for a while purely

For end range energy!!

My cronbo needs new battery's or binning, the 95 tests are all over the shop:(

Nice one Jon

Atb si

• Like 1

Have you seen the pellet test Giles did on airgun gear show jon.

It was more about .177 v .22 but he did test .177 and .22 in a few different weights and the down range results were noticeably better with the 15.9s in .22 than the lighter ones. It's worth a watch if you have 5 mins pal.

• Like 1

Those greens are looking good,

I've never heard anything good about them but your test shows different :)

You'll have to treat yourself to an f1 or something similar, I've been on the lookout for a bargain one for a while purely

For end range energy!!

My cronbo needs new battery's or binning, the 95 tests are all over the shop:(

Nice one Jon

Atb si

You don't want me shooting at a chrono from any sort of distance mate :no:

..... I shot the club one from 6" away :rolleyes::laugh:

I'll stick to the bit of wood at 50yrds test :yes:

• Like 1

Have you seen the pellet test Giles did on airgun gear show jon.

It was more about .177 v .22 but he did test .177 and .22 in a few different weights and the down range results were noticeably better with the 15.9s in .22 than the lighter ones. It's worth a watch if you have 5 mins pal.

I don't watch many of the YouTube channels but, I'll look that test up :yes:

Cheers Matt :thumbs:

• Like 1

Cheers Si,

That doesn't look too bad :thumbs:

Typically, ranges at the pig farm are under 25yrds - sometimes well under. And, the squirrels in the woods that I go to are within 40yrds ...... I might have a zero session, then give them a whirl :hmm:

• Like 1

Jon, those s10's are superb rifles, designed and built properly before all the plastic crappy shite was used to make guns cheaper to build, I have several, and had one from new when it first came out and I love them, I had one in fac and it was an awesome hunting tool, so much so I sent it off to don Robinson and had a custom stock made for it, such a difference, couldn't miss with it.

Have you tried the defiant ogive ? My s10's love them, and believe it or not, the accupel performed well in mine too.

Most bra barrels love his mags, but Christ you get some drop on them so if your like me and shoot from 5 to 50 yards you really need to learn some serious hold over/under with them, if you shoot at consistent range then they are a good pellet to try.

If you ever need any help with it let me know, I know my way around them pretty good, and if your not already on, try the s10 group on Fb, I am a mod on there and some good guys.

Let me know if you want to try the pellets I suggested, I will send you a few samples mate.

Ps, forget the blueprint from Jb, send it to rancid Tom, he makes a much better job of them. 5fps max variation on mine over 40 shots !

• Like 1

Cheers Rob :thumbs:

I knew you liked S10s but, I never knew you was that involved mate - thanks for the offer, I appreciate it and, I may well end giving you a shout at some point :yes:

I've still got some of the Ogives left that you sent me before - I tried them but, I always got 1 or 2 flyers in each mag.

The bloke that runs my favourite gun shop is also a massive fan of these - he swears by Accupel in his. I bought a tin but, again, I couldn't get them to group consistantly.

I'm not on Facebook mate - I tried it once until an old skeleton jumped out of the closet :whistling::laugh:

• Like 1