More Surprises From The Super 10

They are a cracking little rifle. I've had mine since new and it's never missed a beat. Completely unmolested and I wouldn't like to tally up the amount of gear I've shot with it :no:

It's very pellet fussy but groups well and is consistent. I'd certainly never part with it.

IMG_0787.JPG

Nice :thumbs:

This one's the same - it had a sevice at BSA just before I bought it and, they confirmed it's totally factory standard.

I did think about letting John Bowkett have a look at it but, I don't want to feel any different to how it feels right now.

If it aint broke :yes:

• Like 1

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've had this Mk2 Super 10 for a little while now and, it's proving to be exactly what I was after   ..... It's compact, not too light, not too slick but not agricultural either, accurate, good sh

I set some targets out at 35 yards and tried the JSB variants first - nothing too scientific, a mag of each without rezeroing. I was looking at how the pellets cycled and what the groupings were like

The end result from a short trip out was 7 dead rats - 5 recovered

Posted Images

I know a lot who use to use defiant pellets in the super ten but H&N took over and now they call the defiants sniper lght

https://www.hn-sport.de/en/air-gun-hunting-target-shooting/sniper-light-22

That's the ones :thumbs:

I was surprised by the marks inside the skirt and on the back of the head - they look like they've been flared after moulding.

post-102688-0-44050000-1486822145_thumb.jpg

post-102688-0-26268500-1486822156_thumb.jpg

post-102688-0-17510900-1486822167_thumb.jpg

They are a cracking little rifle. I've had mine since new and it's never missed a beat. Completely unmolested and I wouldn't like to tally up the amount of gear I've shot with it :no:

It's very pellet fussy but groups well and is consistent. I'd certainly never part with it.

IMG_0787.JPG

Nice :thumbs:

This one's the same - it had a sevice at BSA just before I bought it and, they confirmed it's totally factory standard.

I did think about letting John Bowkett have a look at it but, I don't want to feel any different to how it feels right now.

If it aint broke :yes:

My thoughts exactly :good:

I've got a digital slide scale but unless your gonna spend a bloody fortune they're about as accurate as mystic meg :blink:

and i don't need any dealer scales in the house!

i hope the weather is good for you tomorrow cos its grim as f up this way and tomorrow aint looking any better!! :censored:

tried the hornets again just to see if they had improved with the barrel bedding in but its not to be :cray: cant see anything flying away after a tap with one of them!!

It's supposed to be snowing here again tomorrow :thumbs:

Trouble is, none of it settling - it's just little whispy bits in the air all the time - the sort that keeps hitting you in the eyeballs - I keep walking round like a twitching div :laugh:

...... I'll do some tests in the warehouse before work tomorrow.

It's a pisser that those hornets won't work for you - I imagine they'd bring down an actual armour plated pigeon :laugh:

Have you tried Polymags?

• Like 2

Only 1 pellet left to try , and that's bis mags

Reason why ---------- as you know I'm from Birmingham, and the BSA factory is just down the road from me , any way

I know one of the production managers there , and of all the pellets out there he tells me there barrels like them the most

Worth a try mate

Atb

• Like 2

Come on lads. Quit the washing and weighing talk. There's just no need for it. It's anal and completely unnecessary. What you do in private should remain private

I once went home with a bird that could have done with washing and weighing :whistling::laugh:

..... Never bother with pellets though. Life's to short.

• Like 4

Only 1 pellet left to try , and that's bis mags

Reason why ---------- as you know I'm from Birmingham, and the BSA factory is just down the road from me , any way

I know one of the production managers there , and of all the pellets out there he tells me there barrels like them the most

Worth a try mate

Atb

I kind of ruled those out because of their weight.

I'm a .177 man really so, when I use .22, I need all the help I can get - hence the lighter pellets and/or shorter ranges :)

Come on lads. Quit the washing and weighing talk. There's just no need for it. It's anal and completely unnecessary. What you do in private should remain private

I once went home with a bird that could have done with washing and weighing :whistling::laugh:

wish i could say once :whistling: everyone needs to pull a few ten to two'ers before they call it a day :laugh::laugh:

i call it non discriminating!!

think ill put some pollys on me next order... has that voymir put his prices up?! some seem steep but he's got way more choice than the shops round here!

• Like 1

wish i could say once :whistling: everyone needs to pull a few ten to two'ers before they call it a day :laugh::laugh:

i call it non discriminating!!

think ill put some pollys on me next order... has that voymir put his prices up?! some seem steep but he's got way more choice than the shops round here!

It looks like it mate.

Countryways are less than £8 for .177 but they're out of stock at the moment.

wich size pollys do you find the most stable jon?!

they also do a metal jsb one now!! hmm

I've only ever tried a couple .....

The .177 shorts were good in my old HW100 to around 45yrds. They opened right up at 50+yrds.

So far, I've also had good results with them in the GSX100 to 35yrds, then I ran out of them.

I've tried the .22 regulars in my TX - it didn't like them at all.

These are too long to cycle in the Super 10 mag.

From my fairly minimal experience, the shorts are looking best so far but, I wouldn't take that as red mate.

It's a shame they don't do sample packs of them.

I might give those Metalmags a go - they look like they might penetrate like the Hornets :o:thumbs:

• Like 1

The .177 shorts were good in my old HW100 to around 45yrds. They opened right up at 50+yrds.

So far, I've also had good results with them in the GSX100 to 35yrds, then I ran out of them.

From my fairly minimal experience, the shorts are looking best so far but, I wouldn't take that as red mate.

I might give those Metalmags a go - they look like they might penetrate like the Hornets :o:thumbs:

I'm doing an order now due to being stuck in cos of the sh!te weather... ill order the metal ones and stick you some in the post :thumbs:

only ordering .177s today got a ton of jsb's to get through in the cat and there proper rat wreckers :laugh:

• Like 1

I'm doing an order now due to being stuck in cos of the sh!te weather... ill order the metal ones and stick you some in the post :thumbs:

only ordering .177s today got a ton of jsb's to get through in the cat and there proper rat wreckers :laugh:

Cheers Si :thumbs:

I'll let you know how I get on with them.

• Like 1