Escape To The Wild. Channel 4.

Anyone watching it. Whast a great place to live for a simpler lifestyle.

Not to pricey either. 45,000. Wouldn't buy a house for it.

Who would do it if you had the chance to leave it all behind where you are now.

Atb j.

i enjoyed it,,although i think they should have interviewd this couple 5 years down the line,,,see if there still there...shame there totaly ripping fogals program off but there you go,,,,take a look at that dog they got???? its a big tall bugger for a sled dog,,but very lean looking,,,honestly looked like it had greyhound in it,,,i know they crossed the alaskans with all sorts to make them quicker,,,but this thing is tall....

• Like 1

That Jimmy's done well out talking about pigs and chickens on his farm. However, as a presenter, he hasn't got a clue! Why didn't he research the country he was visiting? His questioning was wank but I suppose his lovey friends will be bombarding him with praise. And that couple....so naive about hunting and living off the land. They'll be back?

Like most people on these programs they seem to be yuppies larping, desperate to live the simple life but not really getting it, unlike people who actually live it like the ones on mountain men for example. Still decent watchable shows though.

• Like 1

i enjoyed it,,although i think they should have interviewd this couple 5 years down the line,,,see if there still there...shame there totaly ripping fogals program off but there you go,,,,take a look at that dog they got???? its a big tall bugger for a sled dog,,but very lean looking,,,honestly looked like it had greyhound in it,,,i know they crossed the alaskans with all sorts to make them quicker,,,but this thing is tall....

so naive about hunting and living off the land. They'll be back

:thumbs:

Got to agree about the woman, f**k me she would do your head in... grabbing the gun or chainsaw and marching about with the orders... but keeping her nails nicely painted cause it reminded her of home!! twat

Thought it was pretty good though, not for me though, there's isolation then there is out on a limb plus a bit.. great fun for a month or 2 but not for life.... I reckon they'll be back, all summer cutting wood to be stuck in a log cabin in the snow for months.. nah

Anyone watching it. Whast a great place to live for a simpler lifestyle.

Not to pricey either. 45,000. Wouldn't buy a house for it.

Who would do it if you had the chance to leave it all behind where you are now.

Atb j.

I,d pack up and foff tomorrow given the chance, main problem is by the time we grow old enough and wise enough to realise just how shit life on the treadmill is we have a lot of baggage weighing us down and the roots that hold us in place have gotten to deep and spread to far, if I was a younger man I would be gone before all of the ties we make through life got to strong, now all I can do is sit here crying watching the last Alaskans on the discovery channel
  • Like 1

That woman would've done my napper in she looked like a right naggy bitch lol couldn't be banged up with that all winter .

Yeah she wore the trousers allright!

to be honest itd be refreshing for me to have a woman that rolled her sleeves up and done a bit, but she was the extreme.