New Perm Visit

One of my new fish customers has a smallholding with a few nice rabbity fields and asked would I have a look at the rabbit situation as she had seen a few while walking the dogs so I had a drive over after work and took hatty with me just in case.

Glad I did now because there are a few in there.

I took her advice and started in the small field at the top and worked my way down towards the house.

Having never shot on here I took the primos as I was guessing that I would be walking right into them and sure enough I did.

As soon as I set off I spooked 2 that took off like a bloody porche!

Its basically 4 fields surrounded by a very deep hedge separating them all and I mean it must be 20 feet thick the hedge so it's supporting some serious Warrens.

The first field produced 2 at 35 and 44 yards, lovely clean headshot.

The second was a blank as I think they heard the previous shots.

Field number 3 had quite a lot on the far side so after a bit of a stalk I managed another at just under 30 yards then onto the last field. Nothing appear straight away but I could see what looked like a fox dart under the hedge on the far side so I decided to head back to the top field again and on the way bagged another 2 just before dark both at 40 yards. The last one was a proper olympian.... biggest back flip I've ever seen!

All shots taken standing from the primos with my hand/wrist in the rubber v so I could allow a true recoil as i think springers jump a bit with the fore end resting on the grippy rubber.

The owners came out and were really pleased at the results so that was a job well done and Hatties tally keeps rising!!

Thanks for reading lads.

ATVB

Matt.

post-94518-0-46816100-1486666389_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

I ain't seen that many rabbits this time of year let alone shoot the sods.

Good shooting matty. Very nice indeed my man.

Randomly strange how your images are always set in the same lighting. Are there from a lamp? The conies I mean.

• Like 1

I ain't seen that many rabbits this time of year let alone shoot the sods.

Good shooting matty. Very nice indeed my man.

Randomly strange how your images are always set in the same lighting. Are there from a lamp? The conies I mean.

Thanks Rez?

No but I'm looking at getting another scope mounted lamp.

I usually go out at around half 4 at the moment and finish at dark so I take the pic on my phone with the flash on when I've done?

Not bad for a rifle most would laugh at.good shooting .

To tell you the truth, I was one of those people pal. It's a tricky one because clearly not all "cheap" air rifles are going to do the job. I know as I've had a few over the years and some really are only good for fire wood but this particular model in my humble opinion has broken the mould.......apart from that bloody trigger hahahaha??
  • Like 2