Whip X Greyhound

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wouldn't put up with that. Feckin pain in the arse. If you feed and kennel a dog you don't want him howling and fussing like that. Spoil a good night's lamping. I tell what I'll do wit you. I'll tak

If shes that lonely go round and stick your finger up her arse?

I would ready off with that animal if thy don't want the moan become a yip Yale etc als keep him aways. From cover when running fa a while certain types are better entered later and in circa in condit

Got a 10 month old whippet greyhound dog here aint put a foot wrong working wise catching rabbits with ease live to hand on the lamp but first couple of runs he lets out a moan not yapping just excited do u think it will stop or get worse i ran 6 other night caught 5 any advice thank you

Too mutch too soon I would hold back till September/October then very steady with the odd run plus hope fully you have not damaged the dogs heart or lungs or anything else as regards a young developing pup.
What would he have damaged his heart or lungs or am I missing something here?

Heart or lungs 'or anything else'. The anything else will be injuries, however slight, to tendons, ligaments etc, in toes, shoulders, hips, down the spine, things like that, which many pups ran too young or developed enough will pick up and niggle them throughout their lives. Not saying it happens every time, but you'd be surprised how often and how easily it can happen
Again it's a balancing act with sensible exercise, b I never quiet get the science behind the argument about damage caused by exercise as a youngster, obviously there is a sensible ltd. pretty much every single athlete be it dog or human will have trained from a very young age and it is this very exercise that builds the tendons ligaments bone structure etc that builds for a long and healthy working life, without it the risk is much higher imo. The key is progressive overload i.e. Building up steadily in my eyes As for lungs and heart then intense exercise (sensible) from an early age with a healthy diet and suitable rest should do no harm whatsoever, quiet the opposite, unless their is an underlying condition which sadly is not always picked up.

I agree with what you say, and not having a dig. And like you've just said, 'underlying condition which sadly is not picked up'. Rabbits on most ground are certainly far from easy for a 'soft' still growing sapling, and jinking about the way they do, often over some pretty rough ground, won't do your growing pup's anatomy any favours. I agree with the sensible workload you've mentioned for heart and lungs though.

Anyway, chuck another pic up of your dog, nice type him :thumbs:

Never going to set the world alight but can't fault his daft enthusiasm atb IMG_0043_zpsp6ywirho.jpg

• Like 1

Anyone tell me how to upload pics please

Google photobucket and get a photobucket account. Put some photos on it. When you want to load one to this forum just click on it then click on the bit to the right where it says URL HTTP and all that stuff. It'll turn yellow and say "copied". Go back to this forum and when you do your post, right click where you want the pic to be and select "paste". That'll do it.

Sounds complicated but it's simple once you've done it once.

Edited by Maximus Ferret