Decent Digital Night Vision Spotter

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I use the Starlight Archer. It'll fit to any of my guns without the need to rezero. I did have an N550 but it went through batteries so quick, Archer lasts 60 hours on 1 battery, and I didn't like the changing of scopes/rezeroing every time. I changed the FireFly I/R laser, that was on the Archer, for a Night Master 800I/R, it's much clearer and the batteries seem to last a long time. I put the FireFly on top of a cheap Gen 1 monocular that I got off Ebay for £40, makes a great little spotter. I got this one perm where there are loads of rats and I shoot off of a sort of high table thing that I've made that has wheels on it so I can move it around, but it's a pain keep looking through the spotter or the Archer for the next shot. So tonight I ordered a CCTV camera that's got N/V , a 3 1/2'' LCD monitor and all the connectors I need to wire it together. The camera has I/R built in and it says it's good for 30 meters, if it's not I'll just order a more powerful one from Ebay. You can get a 96 LED illuminator for less than 20 quid. Every thing is 12 volt so should all just run off a car battery. Might take a little time putting it together as the camera's coming from Hong Kong and the LCD monitor is coming from America but they were the cheapest. I'm going to fit it to my table then I can just look at the screen to see where the next shot is. If it all goes to plan I'll get a couple more so I can have one pointing left one right and one in the middle.