Decent Digital Night Vision Spotter

I thought I'd had my 'some bloke' spotters listed here but I seemingly forgot to do that so I have just listed these:

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/366474-home-built-digital-night-vision-pistol-grip-spotters/

Before you go there I'll point out that if you hunt alone on foot they are probably a bit too bulky for you. If you do your stuff from a truck the monitor can be left inside while you put the rest of it outside if you wish to use the extension cable.

As David said, budget comes into it as does what you're trying to spot.

I'm testing a digital at the moment that has all the bells and whistles, colour, recording and stills etc but the field of view is pitiful and the rate of focus (amount of turns) is too slow. This would be perfect for ambushing a known distance warren or a rat run but not for mooching about with.

I love my Gen3 Archer to bits. They're very expensive but sooo good. I use quad sticks so it's no problem for me to scan 360 with the unit on the rifle but the Archer was designed to take off to spot with and replace for the shot. If I could afford it I'd buy a second Archer tomorrow.

Davids suggestion with 5x zoom and 60mm lens could well be worth looking at. Best advice is of course to try before you buy.

• Like 1

Thanks guys.

David, have you got any photos of the actual view? I was never really thinking about anything but digital - I however may reconsider if it is worth it.

Some Bloke - I hunt mainly on foot. Although yours reminds Nite Site spotter,which I like, but it's too expensive at nearly a grand.

Edited by MarcFloyd

No Marc , I just use for spotting , rifle over shoulder and scan the field , I have mine hanging round my neck on a land yard

Spot the quarry , rifle on primo sticks , get the range with the n870 , , gentle squeeze on the trigger , result

Sorry mate can't be flying round with the rifle been used as a spotter ,

Atb

• Like 1