Black Sabbath.

Go to solution Solved by FLATTOP,

Last gig until next year .

Ozzy has retired several times (last album sells millions, tour sells out) but just comes back. I blame his manager / wife.

Sabbath have also broke up a few times.

For the last 15 or so years it hasn't been about the music with Ozzy, it's been about the money.

Lemmy on the other hand lived the dream 'till the day he died.

Someone mentioned Maiden ? I'd say if the real truth will ever be told I'd say they are the biggest and most successful of all time.

I saw that program on Lemmy last year. I thought it was really sad. Living the dream to him was living alone in a rented flat and going to the bar and hoping to bump into someone to talk to. RIP Lemmy.

Ozzy has retired several times (last album sells millions, tour sells out) but just comes back. I blame his manager / wife.

For the last 15 or so years it hasn't been about the music with Ozzy, it's been about the money.

Someone mentioned Maiden ? I'd say if the real truth will ever be told I'd say they are the biggest and most successful of all time.

I saw that program on Lemmy last year. I thought it was really sad. Living the dream to him was living alone in a rented flat and going to the bar and hoping to bump into someone to talk to. RIP Lemmy.

Lemmy didn't come across to me like that , I saw him as a bloke who was very switched on articulate & sharp as a tack, clearly comfortable with his own thoughts & company, I genuinely think he frequented the Rainbow so as he was accessible to people who loved him & Motorhead.

He toured none stop because he loved performing , right up to his death 11th Dec was his last gig , he didn't have the usual entourage & wasnt surrounded by '' yes'' men .

I found him to be a refreshing change , I dare say he could have toured every 5 years & filled stadiums like AC/DC ... but he loved performing so he did pretty much 12 months of the year , smaller gigs , more personal , my one regret was not seeing Motorhead .

• Like 2

Seen sabbath a few times always quality even when ozz you isn't at his best. A mate went last week and said they were really good and he's seen them a dozen times.

I've been going to rock concerts for 30 years and seen more bands than I can remember. Twisted sister last year were epic, got tinnitus from standing next to the amps at a motorhead gig 20 years ago !

Lemmy didn't come across to me like that , I saw him as a bloke who was very switched on articulate & sharp as a tack, clearly comfortable with his own thoughts & company, I genuinely think he frequented the Rainbow so as he was accessible to people who loved him & Motorhead.

He toured none stop because he loved performing , right up to his death 11th Dec was his last gig , he didn't have the usual entourage & wasnt surrounded by '' yes'' men .

I found him to be a refreshing change , I dare say he could have toured every 5 years & filled stadiums like AC/DC ... but he loved performing so he did pretty much 12 months of the year , smaller gigs , more personal , my one regret was not seeing Motorhead .

Lemmy was also very much under rated as a song writer. He wrote some great, very clever lyrics.

Seen sabbath a few times always quality even when ozz you isn't at his best. A mate went last week and said they were really good and he's seen them a dozen times.

I've been going to rock concerts for 30 years and seen more bands than I can remember. Twisted sister last year were epic, got tinnitus from standing next to the amps at a motorhead gig 20 years ago !

Went to megadeth in Poole when I was still at school, couldn't hear thing next day at school just ringing lol

Lemmy was also very much under rated as a song writer. He wrote some great, very clever lyrics.

Saw Motorhead at Skegness one Winter, also seen Lemmy with Hawkwind at Rotters Nightclub in Doncaster, think he will be missed.

• Like 2