Trout On Worm

Alright lads, fished for about fifteen years and been all course and carp. My first fish was a trout from a river by my house, I remember I had a worm on a hook and a few shot on just flicking it in and managed one. Well after a good year on the carp last year im wanting to get a few trout. The place I aight my first fish is baron now sadly, probably been fished for. Im just wondering if the boys on here who fish for trout, what you do. I have a fly rod but im after plain and simple really with worms.

Cheers lads for the knowledge. I walked the river the other week but it was that rough my line was just being washed back into me and the other stretches I could see Into the water and just could not see any fish. I'd say there are no fish there but surely every river has them. I've read about these mepps before im going to order some in. As for worm, isit literally just a case of worm on hook, a few shot up the line and touch ledgering? All these years of carping got me confused haha.

Now im going to ask how you get the minnows haha, bottle trap?

Yep, I make mine from two large Coke bottles, catch a few minnows, when they're dead I put them under a bubble float on a size 12 hooked under the dorsal with the point facing the head.

Let the current do the work.

But, truth be told, I'd rather one on the fly than five on the minnow.

• Like 4

Hole is where there are deep parts of the river big trout lie up in them, fast water runs over trout, easy life and lot of food drops in hole, really find them when water is low and you know where they are always, or fish tight to the bank 25 30 yard from where you are sitting, ways to catch minnow tight mesh landing net where drain runs into river, brandy bottle knock arse out of it tie rope few bits bread leave for 20 mins, you can buy minnow traps...

When we were kids many moons ago,living in the lea valley we was always fishing the rivers.

Find a nice deep marginal shelf, under over hanging tree or bush, and on the way any road kill we found would be thrown or tied to the spot, would get plenty maggot dropping for days baiting your spot even when not there, propper old school pre baitng...

• Like 3

Use them in France whilel catching trout. When you watch the river from above, you see white spots where the trout is hiding in the riverbank. White spots are gravel brought out by the trout while enlarging his / her hiding place. Big lob-worm or minnow works great drifting along the hiding spots.

Baiting tip with roadkill works also good as slip lead explained :thumbs::yes:

• Like 1

Use them in France whilel catching trout. When you watch the river from above, you see white spots where the trout is hiding in the riverbank. White spots are gravel brought out by the trout while enlarging his / her hiding place. Big lob-worm or minnow works great drifting along the hiding spots.

Baiting tip with roadkill works also good as slip lead explained :thumbs::yes:

I set a similar trap last year on a small river overnight and the next morning there was some Stone Loaches in it. Talking to a few old anglers and one fisheries man none of them knew there was Stone Loaches in the river, which was nice.

Obviously I released them.