Looking For A 223

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, do you like the rifle, does it group,do things fall over when you pull the trigger, answer yes to all these questions, and the answer to your question is an emphatic NO mate, shoot it and enjoy.

Yep that Tikka takes a lot of beating. Got the .308 as well. Beautiful things. Jok.

Tikka, Savage, Ruger and Howa and so on all make decent rifles it really boils down to what you want it for and your budget, i have 223 savage axis great rifle out of the box and its under a MOA rifle

Not a fan of fluted barrels. They're good if you intend to hurl a lot of lead downrange in a short time like target shooting, but other than that, not my cup of tea.

I have a Tikka T3 lite in 223. My son has a Howa 1500 in 223. Both are really good kit. :thumbs:

Cz, howa & tikka are probably the 3 main ones to look at, some of the savage models are really well put together too.

Rem 700 I think is a bit of a Ruger 10/22 type rifle but in centrefire because they can be great or shocking out of the box but once you replace most of it they make really nice guns! A new trigger unit, rebarrel and aftermarket or upgraded stock would put you in the price band of some very nice factory rifles that don't need any work so for me, there isn't really much point to buying one.

Bottom line is you won't go wrong with a t3. The howa is still a good accurate rifle but just not quite as 'tight' with the tolerances and doesn't feel as well built.

Im looking at the moment as well (for buying later in the year) and can't really decide what to go for

I'm wondering why nobody comes up with the browning, have I bought a wrongun??????

A few of the ones I've looked at had triggers you needed to take a run up at to pull!

I'm definitely not ruling one out but I need to do more investigating (and decide on calibre) before placing an order.